Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clonehunter

Ugliest Monster

Has anyone ever just go through Doom or a Doom-A-Like, come across a monster, and then just says out loud, "You are one ugly motherfucker." ?

Personally, I have always found the Heretic Golem and the D2 Elemental to just freakin' ugly, if not just plain stupid looking.

Hectic said:

The Mancubus. It looks like my brother and aunt.

Pics or it didn't happen :P

I've always thought the Arachnatron was the goofiest-looking monster in Doom -- it reminds me too much of the villain from TMNT. Runner-up would be the Revenant, largely because of his lame animation.

The ugliest monster is a mindless poster. No one knows what it looks like, but its droppings are everywhere, with especially rich deposits in threads with superlatives in the title. Not a pretty sight.

Never_Again said:

especially rich deposits

Is their exploitation economically viable?

OT, Revenants and Mancubi are pretty ugly, but the Archviles are pretty ugly SOBs too. Actually they're the only monster that looks somewhat evil and wicked without reverting to zombie or horned devil stereotype.

Maes said:

Hard to say, but some people seem to build their entire careers on it. I guess a gambler's streak is a requirement for the commercial exploitation.

Maes said:

There's a market for EVERYTHING! It's only a matter of time before selected quotes from Post Hell are auctioned on eBay.

Back on topic - they don't come much uglier than the swarm of black dots that's vanilla Doom's spectre, I prefer Legacy's translucent pinkys.

I extract a great deal of pleasure from sinking buckshot into the blubber of a Mancubus. I imagine the pellets cutting through the fat, content in the knowledge that its corpse will look better than the thing does when its alive.

The mancubus, the mancubus, the mancubus. I can't say how often I've been bothered by having to fight these disgusting blobs of fat in Doom 2, that take forever to hit, and shoot back with persistent fire-meatballs that hurt. Mancubi are an eyesore.

Hell knights and barons of hell are gorgeous in comparison... Hell, everything is.

You guys are going to give the monsters a complex. :(

The swamp things in hexen when they jump at you close up. Get your slimy pixels away from me you freaks!

Oh, and Heretics Weredragons too. Even though a lot of the monsters in that game were rather poor, the Weredragon was probally the worst visually. The Maulotaur was the only Good monster in Heretic.

DuckReconMajor said:

I used to think when a Centaur in Hexen held up its shield that that was its head with a silver mane around it, and it looks pretty stupid.

Yes. This. Except it used to remind me of one of these.

I think it's safe to describe the Doom 64 Pain Elemental as "ugly". Provided you don't to its face.

The Doomguy. Seriously, murdering thousands upon thousands of creatures, most of them not even having a chance to react in the hands of an experienced player.....

Well, not really. I always thought that the Baron of Hell and Hell Knigh looked cool, I'd say the Spider Mastermind is the worst looking one.

Yeah, I think the Mancubus wins. Although, approaching ugliness from a different angle, the two spiderdemons don't fit the style of the other monsters, and don't seem very hellish at all. Revenants are just goofy looking.

Cool... yes.

Pretty... no.

Yeah I have to say that the mancubus, next to the lost soul is my favorite monster to fight.

40oz said:

Yeah I have to say that the mancubus, next to the lost soul is my favorite monster to fight.

Have to agree about the Mancubus, but the lost souls are just annoying.

Since a lot a people are talking about the Mancubus I'm going to say something that I like about it: in my opinion, the Mancubus has the greatest death animation EVER in existence(that and the cacodemon).