Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

racially? induced killing spree

By STEPHEN SINGER, Associated Press Writer – 12:37pm EST

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100803/ap_on_re_us/us_beer_distributor_shootings

MANCHESTER, Conn. – A woman who knows the driver who fatally shot at least eight co-workers and himself at a Connecticut beer distribution company says he had complained of racial harassment at work.
Joanne Hannah says her daughter dated Omar Thornton for the past eight years. She says her daughter had no indication he planned anything violent Tuesday morning after he was asked to resign from Hartford Distributors and refused.
Hannah says Thornton, a black man, had complained to his superiors about a picture of a noose and a racial epithet in a bathroom at the distributor. Her daughter told her the supervisors did not respond to his complaints.
Hannah says Thornton called his own mother after the rampage "to say goodbye and that he loved everybody."
Company officials have not responded to requests for comment.

Nothing new here. The silver lining is these rampage types always kill themselves.

This thread has a nonsensical title.

They always kill themselves. They always ALWAYS kill themselves. Why do they always kill themselves? Because they always kill themselves. Well hey, at least his actions were justified with meaning. Good show.

Creaphis said:

Thanks to Omar's brave sacrifice, I now understand that black people are not violent criminals.

You mean like Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold did for white folks....? :P (Sarcasm implied)

I'll never say violence like this will be acceptable. But when people start treating other people like they are inferior, employers treat their employees like commodities, or intolerance abounds, these event will not cease, nor surprise.

Considering people will never be in unanimous agreement on anything, tolerance is the only way we as a society can get along.

Actually the biggest question concerning me is......

Where will the people get their beer?

I actually live within the area serviced by this distribution center. However, the current freeze on their shipments while the investigation is underway will not affect me. You see, it was a Budweiser distributor, and I only drink good beer.

The Anheuser Busch Corporation owns the majority of Import and Domestic brands. Unless it's a microbrew you're probably still drinking Budweiser. Even then, they sell beers that are disguised as microbrews. They say nothing about Budweiser on the label aside from the Brewery address which is that of Budweiser.

POTGIESSER said:

The Anheuser Busch Corporation owns the majority of Import and Domestic brands. Unless it's a microbrew you're probably still drinking Budweiser. Even then, they sell beers that are disguised as microbrews. They say nothing about Budweiser on the label aside from the Brewery address which is that of Budweiser.

I know damn well about all of the brews I consume, actually. There is an amazing local brewery down the road which accounts for much of my drinking, and I make sure to purchase only independents or high quality imports. I could be pedantic and rattle off the long list of beers I drink, but suffice to say, none of them are Busch or Miller/Coors brews under disguise.

Not to mention that AB doesn't even technically own Anheuser Busch anymore, InBev bought them out. I lived in STL when that takeover happened and I thought something like this shit would happen because of it. People in that city can be so fucking stupid.

Damn it people, if you're gonna drink beer that started in St. Louis, drink Schlafly.

Snakes said:

Not to mention that AB doesn't even technically own Anheuser Busch anymore, InBev bought them out.

Indeed they did - my dad works in one of the bottling plants for Budweiser, and as a reuslt of this takeover has found his job in a constant state of flux for about 2 years now. (They can't decide if they want the plant or not, it seems)