Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deepthought

skulltag textures and maps

where can i get copies of the skulltag textures and maps or how can i extract them from skulltag? I've looked inside skulltag.pk3 and skulltag-data.pk3. i see the texture lump, but not any patches. i don't see any map lumps or even THINGS,LINEDEFS,REJECT,etc.

Where is it?

You could have extracted the textures from Unidoom deathmatch 1 and 2 as both of them contain some Skulltag textures.

I changed the extension to zip and opened it with xarchiver in linux and it worked.

can anybody tell me which patches were used in the CONS1_1 and CONS1_7 textures?

Because ZDoom lets you do that. DB is designed well enough to know that some engines support mixing flats and textures, and some don't. If you took a ZDoom or Skulltag configuration, you can do it. If you were to use a Doom or Boom configuration, you couldn't.

But regardless of that, a flat is a flat and a texture is a texture. What are the patches which make up a flat? None. A flat is directly its graphic lump. No compositing. So you can search CONS1_1's graphics in the patches directory as long as you want, it won't yield anything. But if you were to have the idea of looking for a CONS1_1.png file in the flats directory, maybe you'd find something...

those flats i was looking for actually turned out to be in the doom2 wad. Heh heh heh. oh well there are some good textures and flats in the skulltag pk3 files.