Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Shapeless

RAGE Hands-On Preview in PlayStation Magazine

Wow - id is still top notch in the art department.
If they could get rid of Willits it would rock.
Willits is a good level designer but as a creative director he's too soft.

The latest instalment from rageworld.com eh? Just because id makes it. Why don't we get similar news reports of other FPS games in a similar vein but by different companies? Would we still get reports of everything id did if they started making cutesy "My Little Pony" dress up games instead? :P

Aaanyway, the screenies look pretty amazing actually - very good looking, very impressive. They show the kind of level of detail and artistic quality that not so long ago you would expect in a pre-rendered scene presented on a 3D art website.

However, I see nothing here that we haven't already seen. Close - ups of freaky looking guys closing in for a melee attack? Check! Picture of a dune buggy? Check! An artsy looking picture of another character? Check! What the article says about gameplay will be more interesting. However, I can't help feeling that, regardless of how good or bad the game is, it will just be a gushing report about how "cool" it is.

Heh, just noticed that the "soccer guy" is wearing exactly the same trousers/pants as the gun guy in one of the other pictures, right down to the rips and holes.

I hope that those high tech cities in the renderings are in the final game. Those look the most impressive to me.

The part that looks like Borderlands is kinda meh,but I really enjoy those cities,they look way too cool.Also I like the interior areas shown.

Sign in to follow this