Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

Encyclopedia Dramatica article on Doom

there is absolutely no talk about ralphjis or ud, or even linguica. gay.

rf` said:

there is absolutely no talk about ralphjis or ud

have you tried zdaemon's separate article?

I thought the article was going to be more nastier. It was actually rather tame for being ED.

I guess the RRRRRAAAAAGEEEE!! just isn't what it used to be.

ED is barely above Uncyclopedia in entertainment. The writing style of average-retarded-internet-troll gets old fast.

chungy said:

ED is barely above Uncyclopedia in entertainment. The writing style of average-retarded-internet-troll gets old fast.

All of these style sites all follow the TV Tropian "we've made up so many terms for things that it's essentially a different language, enjoy the links" writing method.

Doomworld is known for its highly intelligent, calm and reasonable members who certainly don't ragequit over trivial manners.

...The majority of users on Doomworld fucking hate modern games. If you praise Halo, Call of Duty 4, Bioshock, or some other shitty games chances are the oldfags of Doomworld will form an angry mob and take turns raping your sorry ass.

I lol'ed.

Also, there's a link in that article to Cutman Mike's very own Urban Dictionary definition:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=CutManMike

I was amused, particularly by the CJWright portion as well.

I also LOLed at the ZDoom link mentioning a gay furry dating sim mod.

Nameless said:

I boycott uncyclopedia and I will never let it befoul my web-browser. End.

What relevance has that to this thread?

Abyssalstudios1 said:

...The majority of users on Doomworld fucking hate modern games. If you praise Halo, Call of Duty 4, Bioshock, or some other shitty games chances are the oldfags of Doomworld will form an angry mob and take turns raping your sorry ass.

I lol'ed.

Pretty accurate tbh.

The Tormentor667 section was the best though.

Someone spent a fair bit of time on it. Needs moar links to over 9000 though.

Nomad said:

Nameless said:

I boycott uncyclopedia and I will never let it befoul my web-browser. End.

What relevance has that to this thread?

Because chungy mentioned it?

chungy said:

Several someone's have worked on it and at least one is well acquainted with the Doom community. Wonder what name/s they use when posting here?

Hokutonodick = the Doom Marine?

Regardless,

Eternity Engine is better than Zdoom and has more flexibility for modding

;)

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU~

*ahem*, excuse me. So, an ED link? Meh... at least Uncyclopedia can be witty and spawn a chuckle or two. Because no discussion about one of the two anti-wikis can take place without comparing it to the other, eh?

THERE I SAID IT

I've always found Uncyclopedia to be filled with randomness caused by clashing senses of humour. Also, I have low patience reading the opening quotes and don't see much of their point (many of them are attributed to Wylde, by the way). Encyclopedia Dramatica: no mandatory quotes, and a focused sense of humor that's coherent: insulting people.

EDIT: Oops, I just misspelled a dead author's name. This is a big one. :o

Uncyclopedia isn't funny at all. Fuck "randumb" humor.
ED is a newfag breeding ground and the epicenter of Project Chanology.

Nothing to see here, folks.

Xaser said:

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU~

*ahem*, excuse me. So, an ED link? Meh... at least Uncyclopedia can be witty and spawn a chuckle or two.

Uncyclopedia articles are complete shit. There are the occassional good ones such as the "Me" page, but after a while a bunch of unfunny idiots stumble upon it and fuck it up with stupid shit like this:

LOL I AM TEH N00B PWNR.

ROFL HA8XOR. MMMM WAFFLES RULE TEH PICKLED WORLD! LOLOLOLOLOL I AM MARRIED AND HAVE NO KIDS!

I think the fact that the shitty changes were never reverted and the only thing the staff did was lock editing on that page shows just how incompetent they are as well.

ED pretty much summed up my impression of Uncyclopedia http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Uncyclopedia

ED is where I go if a meme pops up on 4chan or elsewhere and I have no idea where it came from.

Uncyclopedia is just terrible humor.

GreyGhost said:

Several someone's have worked on it and at least one is well acquainted with the Doom community. Wonder what name/s they use when posting here?

I might as well raise my hand and see what happens.

I was actually thinking of rewriting the page itself in it's entirety, but I don't know if I want to take on such a task again.

And no Planky, I will not reference "Over 9000" in the article. Even that gets old.

dew said:

have you tried zdaemon's separate article?

I'm not in that either! Phew!

Craigs said:

I think the fact that the shitty changes were never reverted and the only thing the staff did was lock editing on that page shows just how incompetent they are as well.

Now there's something hilariously terrible that most of us can appreciate. :P

I always did like the AAA article, but never really bothered to surf it much aside from the random "see this!" links I used to get.

Mr. Freeze said:

Uncyclopedia isn't funny at all. Fuck "randumb" humor.
ED is a newfag breeding ground and the epicenter of Project Chanology.

Nothing to see here, folks.