Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
audiodef

Textures not scrolling, things not appearing

I'm working on a map and some things I added (specifically, some techno pillars) are not appearing when I test the map. Also, scroll texture left isn't scrolling.

ZDoom in Hexen format, playing with GZDoom. What'd I miss?

For the inanimate objects not being in the map when you test it... were you sure to check all the appropriate boxes in the item selection menu so that they will appear on different difficulties, etc.? (I'm assuming you're using one of the Doom Builders.)

One of the reasons I don't make my maps multiplayer/coop is because I haven't yet got the hang of knowing which of those boxes to check or if the things must be duplicated with different checks.)

Also, depending on what you're testing the map with, it's possible that you might have the things switched off altogether.

As for the scrolling business, the best I can come up with is that it might be like the trouble you were having with the door in the cacopits. Maybe the line is too close to another line that's screwing it up?

I thought I had all the levels checked off for my things. I'll have to double check.

In doom format, the scroll works but in Hexen format it didn't. Maybe for Hexen the lines were too close - it's actually a circular sector so maybe the linedefs were all too short for Hexen to scroll. Hexen has linedef scrolls, right? It does show up as an option in DB2 for that format.

audiodef said:

Maybe for Hexen the lines were too close - it's actually a circular sector so maybe the linedefs were all too short for Hexen to scroll.

Also remember to align the textures, as otherwise each linedef will be scrolling the same texture segment for a very short distance and it may appear that no scrolling is occurring.