Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

Simple weapon mod idea

I have a simple weapon mod idea I would like to see implemented into Doom(2) that will never be implemented because I will never do it. *sigh*

1. I've mentioned it before, but it would be really nice if the doomguy would switch weapons twice as quickly.

The other cool one would be if you hold down the trigger while firing the shotgun/ssg it would start loading faster after the first shot for about three consecutive shots, then resume normal speed for a random number of times (between 2 and 4)--then go slightly faster again for three consecutive shots. Might make things more interesting. Or maybe a berserk like powerup that makes you fire your ssg/sg faster for a short period of time (say like 30 seconds) (not cartoony--just like a little faster). Adrenaline shot.

Hm, the berserk idea is really good. Would be cool if it went along with the berserk-box powerup, and the berserk-infinite-duration was reduced to ~30 sec like you mention.

Number 1 is easy with ZDoom, all you need to do is edit the Raise and Lower states for the weapon by adding 0 duration frames. Might even be possible with Dehacked, but not certain.

The faster-firing berserk powerup could also be done via Decorate, Skulltag's Rage Rune is a good example of the 'rage' powerup type that increases rate of fire.

Don't know about faster switches, what I'd like to see is slightly slower switching as Doomguy collects more weapons and a random chance of selecting the wrong weapon.