Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tormentor667

[Stronghold] Your advertisment base!(the funnier,the better)

Stronghold advertisement screens are open!
You want to do some nifty advertisement screen that is being placed somewhere in Stronghold? Now is your chance to do so! If you have a nifty idea how a funny doom advertisement could look like, or if you want to do some nice advertisement for your own project that's not too obvious and a bit more subtle, go for it.

What do I need?
Mostly a shitload of creativity and at least a bit of humor ;) Everything else can be downloaded. First of all, here you can find a few examples so you know what we aim for...

...not too hard to get I guess.

Where can I find basic files?
I have prepared a small PSD file that has everything included what's necessary (layer style, background layer, example foreground layer) which you can download here...
http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/files/get/Vo9Cf2Dkh2/bigad-screen.zip
...if you do not have Adobe Photoshop, you can still use this basic backdrop for your advertisement, I will later adjust the picture...

Please make sure to use pixelfonts by the way, as they always look better in games like Doom than standard fonts which get anti-aliased

When is deadline?
Well, considering that ... erm ... well ... I don't want to spoil the surprise but the last day for submitting the ad is friday ;) If you dont want to spoil your surprise as well, send me a pm with the file, otherwise just upload it here in public, that's also okay.

Other than that: Have fun, be creative, help us making Stronghold even better... in a certain way ;)

printz said:

OK, just don't overdo it like you did with KDiZD.

Huh? This is for people to put advertisements for their projects into Stronghold.

esselfortium said:

Huh? This is for people to put advertisements for their projects into Stronghold.

I think Printz meant that this is advertisement of his own project above all else and that Torm is known for going over the top with such.

Vermil said:

I think Printz meant that this is advertisement of his own project above all else and that Torm is known for going over the top with such.

No no no, I was simply unaware of the actual meaning of the request. I'm not that picky to criticize someone merely having fun with their project.

Nice to see progress being made on Stronghold :)

On topic, Hokuto no Iceman57 made this, and wanted to say hi to Huy :