Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeathevokatioN

Uses for Fireblue texture

Not sure if there was a thread about this at some point. The fireblue texture is easily the most awesome texture ever made in any game ever made, and it's always inspiring for me to see how other people apply it into their maps, ehm... so... post a screenshot of a fireblue texture from one of your maps!

Here's my attempt, this is going to be part of an eery base map (with a lot of demonic elements) that I'm working on. (Sorry about the symmetry.)

gemini09 said:

That's mine.

What's your monitor like? That looks cool but I have to turn up my monitor gamma to see anything, otherwise it looks almost completely black.

I have an LCD monitor with the brightness cranked up. Looks fine both here and on my laptop.

Thanks, DeathevokatioN. It's released and can be found in the /idgames archive by searching for "Gem04". It's a short and difficult map that was inspired by the old arcade games that were sometimes impossible to beat :) Some claimed it literally was impossible, like the DW review, so I recorded a Nightmare demo, which can be found in the DSDA site hosted here on DW. Good luck :)

I think there was some good FIREBLU usage in Herculine's hell, I can't find screenshots of it anymore though.

I don't feel like fireblu is used very well most of the time. I like your second screenshot, tho. Have to agree that it's really dark and hard to see, tho.

Spleen said:

What's your monitor like? That looks cool but I have to turn up my monitor gamma to see anything, otherwise it looks almost completely black.

I can't see a thing in that screenshot either. First screenshot looks pretty good though!

Used as the exit portal in a Jumpmaze map I was working on.

Using several transparent mid-textures for for it gives this awesome blurred effect.

printz said:

facepalm

lol oh yeah. that...