Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ismaele

Cheogsh 2 - Lost in map04

I am playing Shadowman's "Cheogsh 2" with GZDoom 1.4.00, but I am stuck in map04 - I found both White and Black Skull Keys and gained access to the Labyrinth of Bones, but I can' find it...! HELP!

Could you post your save? I remember that part as being reeeeeally mazy, but if you wander around the sewers enough and try every gate/door you can you should eventually find your way through.

Ok, get to this point;
http://i35.tinypic.com/120ifls.jpg

It's in the tavern of flesh and bone, if it matters. There's a revenant corpse behind a skull railing/table, jump over that railing and look to the right, by the revenant, and there'll be a door. In that door is a teleporter, and beyond that there is another one leading to an abyssal stairway that goes down to the labyrinth of bones in the top-right area.

Sorry for double post.
I am stuck again... I entered the labyrinth of bones and found a teleport in the southern part of it; after teleporting, I activated two switches and a lift, went up, but then I couldn't go forth, because of a stupid teleporting line, which prevents me going beyond it! HELP! How can I get around?

Here is a shot of the map, where I show the portion of the map I refer to: http://www.webalice.it/sposito.lag/_private/map.png

"then I couldn't go forth, because of a stupid teleporting line, which prevents me going beyond it! HELP! How can I get around?"

This is a reversal teleport. You should walk forward a VERY LITTLE STEPS and when you were turned back, turn back again.
Looks at the automap and you'll see a moment of turning back :)

Thanks for your help, Shadowman, but let me tell one thing: that was really an idiotic thing to put in a map!!!

"that was really an idiotic thing to put in a map!!!"
may be, may be.
I took this idea from old PC RPGs like Eye Of The Beholder, Uukrul e.t.c.

"I took this idea from old PC RPGs like Eye Of The Beholder, Uukrul e.t.c."
I think it is bad idea to make some things from RPG's to doom.

Yep, a very bad idea!
Anyway... tomorrow I am going to finish Cheogsh 2, I hope so at least... and then I'll review it on my web-site.

Sorry again for double post!
I am near to the end. I defeated Darkness in map07 and went back to Temple of Seth (map03), but now... what?! What should I do!?
I went back to map02, thinking that the start was also the ending teleport, but I was wrong! So, where's the exit?

Did you see mini-movie, after entering back into normal world? I remember that exit is near lavafalls.

Oh, yeah... what a stupid I am...! :p
Thanks for recalling that scene... I forgot it somehow! Now I've just finished "Cheogsh 2", but I am not going to spoil my review here. Wait for it - I think I'll publish it tomorrow on my web-site.

By the way, has anyone recorded a (UV-max) demo of "Cheogsh 2"? I would like to see a complete walkthrough!

Ismaele said:

That's bad!

No, that's normal. Recording good demos is time-consuming. And nobody wants to waste their time considering the demos will desync with the next version of the engine.

Sadly, YouTube is the way to go here...
Anyway, this has already been debated.

[WH]-Wilou84 said:

No, that's normal. Recording good demos is time-consuming. And nobody wants to waste their time considering the demos will desync with the next version of the engine.

Sadly, YouTube is the way to go here...
Anyway, this has already been debated.

I think so, too.

Yes, I know about this problem (de-sync) for continuously developing ports... but it is a pity that such .WADs can't have a good demo just for this reason!

It is real problem. Programmers make new versions, but they do not want to fix flaws.
Eternity good for demo recording, and mappers can make maps for this port. If I'm not mistaken, of course.

Archi said:

It is real problem. Programmers make new versions, but they do not want to fix flaws.
Eternity good for demo recording, and mappers can make maps for this port. If I'm not mistaken, of course.

Yes, because the new ZDoom and GZDoom versions weren't full of compatibility fixes.

If I'm not mistaken, mappers can make maps for just about every port. :p

Many level designers do not use gzdoom, as base for them wads, because it have some problems, some of them is problems with demo-recording. Make conclusions.

Archi said:

Many level designers do not use gzdoom, as base for them wads, because it have some problems, some of them is problems with demo-recording. Make conclusions.

Depends on how much you value demos, and new features.

Deus Vult II is a good example, its author could go ZDoom and get free of some limitations to impress us even more, but he'd lose the demo scene, something he probably doesn't want.
Some authors just don't care about demos. It's just a different point of view :)