Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

SpaceDM9: Newschool Oldschool DM. In space.

Oldschool deathmatch just got newschool.

General Information
SpaceDM9 is a set of smooth-flowing deathmatch maps with a combined focus on open-ended gameplay, grand architecture, and unique, modern settings. Built for the Skulltag engine, these levels are designed to take full advantage of the ZDoom software renderer and UDMF editing features.

Features

• All-new maps with smooth-flowing layouts and vertically-oriented designs
  • Classic deathmatch gameplay in open, playground-style maps
  • Modern, high-detail visuals and architecture
  • New high-resolution skyboxes for every map
  • Brand new, custom-made textures
  • New, original music
  • Animated special effects for jump pads and more
  • Orbiting lobby with map-picker
  • Palette modifications to add lavender and cyan ranges, more dark reds, and Simplicity-based blues and greens
  • Pixel-edited colormap enhancement to improve clarity of distance fading
  • SpaceTV moving picture entertainment device
  • Realistic HUD windshield wipers

Locations
SpaceDM9 represents a wide variety of locations from different corners of the universe.
A few samples of what you'll find:

Air Snares comprises the tertiary shipping and receiving bay of Hasbro-controlled Marketing Nebula 23. After a number of loose-cargo incidents caused by nearby gravitational pull and exacerbated by incompetent employees, the base has gradually fallen into disuse.

At the bottom of a crater on the moon from which it takes its name, Eat At Phobo's is a weapons development and testing installation built as part of the Union Aerospace Corporation's terraforming project. For your health and safety, jumping has been disabled in this locale.

The striking centerpiece of bustling downtown Spacetokyo, Shogouki is a cyberpunk metropolis decked out with popular tourist attractions, including a sushi bar and walk-through aquarium.

Locations are currently being developed by Esselfortium, Brinks, Mechadon, ClonedPickle, Wagi, The Green Herring, Zap610, Tango, and Revenant.

Further updates will follow as development progresses.

Oldschool DM with a newschool twist.

When it's done.

I am in love with the holographic-looking platforms in the last shot, though as a whole everything looks absolutely gorgeous.

gemini09 said:

It's "Eat at Phobos'"...

Looks great! Particularly the first shot.

No, the title refers to a diner operated by a man named Phobo. Fully intentional.

Well, let's see if the people who said they were complaining about Stronghold because of the hype alone and not because it's from Torm will come to do the same here.

Phml said:

Well, let's see if the people who said they were complaining about Stronghold because of the hype alone and not because it's from Torm will come to do the same here.

They won't. Trust me, trust me!

Phml said:

The irony is intentional. The recent Stronghold drama made me feel like going a bit over-the-top. With that said, I also feel like SpaceDM9 is deserving of the presentation given here. I say that with full understanding of the concept of "hype backlash."

However, you're unlikely to win at SpaceDM9 Criticism Defense Bingo. :P

Needs more countdowns. You can't make hype worth a damn without a countdown.

Gez said:

Needs more countdowns. You can't make hype worth a damn without a countdown.

It's not what you think, I swear! The counter rolled over and died when I tried inputting the number of days remaining. :'(

I can see that lone capes banner staring at me as spacetokyo rapes my CPU ten times over. Is that a handicap spot?

Phml said:

You know normally I'd get really pissed off at this, but last time I checked you're nothing more than an obvious troll so your opinion really doesn't count. That being said, I find this pretty funny actually. Everyone else on other forums said that this was perfect. As far as haters hatin on these awesome screenshots, you're being stupid. These are all just temporary and they will be changed in the next release of spaceDM9. Show some respect for Essel, it's not like he's getting paid to do this you know, and it's not like we can spend all our time on Doom projects, but you know what? Whatever.

Phml said:

Not only is this done intentionally (there's a reason that this thread got posted on the day of Stronghold's release), but regardless of the reasoning this thread has a key element that Tormentors thread did not: screenshots. Essel posted something thats not just a big number on a movie poster background. Besides, let's see if you could play SpaceDM9 bingo with the same squares from Stronghold bingo and get even an actual bingo, much less the complete blackout that was achieved in the Stronghold thread. EDIT: Except craigs trollerific post but he did that on purpose.

Craigs said:

You know normally I'd get really pissed off at this, but last time I checked you're nothing more than an obvious troll so your opinion really doesn't count. That being said, I find this pretty funny actually. Everyone else on other forums said that this was perfect. As far as haters hatin on these awesome screenshots, you're being stupid. These are all just temporary and they will be changed in the next release of spaceDM9. Show some respect for Essel, it's not like he's getting paid to do this you know, and it's not like we can spend all our time on Doom projects, but you know what? Whatever.

Okay, this is getting a bit much.

In b4 someone takes your post seriously, though.

The irony is intentional. The recent Stronghold drama made me feel like going a bit over-the-top.

Fair enough.

esselfortium said:

Six is afraid of seven, etc etc

It was better when you put it as 7 8 9.

Anyway, this is looking very nice! Shogouki reminds me of Blade Runner. All the lighting's amusing to my eyes.

Bucket said:

What happened to 6, 7 and 8?

They were destroyed in the same antimatter harddrive incident that later went back in time to destroy 1, 2, 3, and 4

Revenant said:

They were destroyed in the same antimatter harddrive incident that later went back in time to destroy 1, 2, 3, and 4

Which resulted in Jatsand being fired. Again.

BUT ESSEL UR NUT ALLOWD 2 POST SCREENSHOTS YET!!111 EVERY SCREEN U PST MEANS TIME TAKEN AWEIGH FROM PLAYTESTING!!11

Mockery aside, this is shaping up to be something killer. The Shogouki screen in particular makes me want to design my own cyberpunk map.

Keep up the good work!

Guest DILDOMASTER666
Mr. Freeze said:

BUT ESSEL UR NUT ALLOWD 2 POST SCREENSHOTS YET!!111 EVERY SCREEN U PST MEANS TIME TAKEN AWEIGH FROM PLAYTESTING!!11

Mockery aside

I am flattered.

And Eat at Phobo's looks so heavy.

/me constructs an esselfort

For the first time I am amused by that M. Bison video. Because I see it posted outside of the fighting game community.. :)

Fisk you "#"¤¤%, what's up?

While these screenies look awesome, and damn, they most certainly do, it is logical to assume that time spent on this means time not spent on Vaporware.

:(

I want my Vaporware.