Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Creaphis

I have nothing better to post about

So, I somehow found myself playing a fair chunk of garrulo.wad. Honestly, I don't recommend it. Somehow, this wad has a whole lot of monsters but no fights. But, one thing is bugging the hell out of me. Download the wad, load up MAP04 and noclip to the northeast room. I swear I've seen this room before, except that it was darker, grayer and a bit chain-linky. But where?

I actually liked garullismo a lot in a classic sort of way

Creaphis said:

Download the wad, load up MAP04 and noclip to the northeast room.

The room with the green armour, or am I holding the automap upside-down?

I swear I've seen this room before, except that it was darker, grayer and a bit chain-linky. But where?

That map was previously released as The Power Supply, didn't notice much difference between them apart from the start room's contents so maybe it's another map you're thinking of.

GreyGhost said:

The room with the green armour, or am I holding the automap upside-down?

Oops... I meant the one with the red keycard. "East room" would have been more accurate.

GreyGhost said:

That map was previously released as The Power Supply, didn't notice much difference between them apart from the start room's contents so maybe it's another map you're thinking of.

I guess I must have played this other version of the same map. Thanks GreyGhost. The room with the red key has the most distinctive functioning so I guess it's natural that it's the only piece of the level I'd remember. Also, it's no surprise that I'd misremember some textures - my old Maps from Memory contribution is a testament to that.