Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Amanichen

an ORIGINAL question =) [I hope...]

What if Doom 3 came out, was priced reasonably, but turned out to be the biggest disappointment of all time.

Would you buy it just because it is an id game; and it's the next doom game?

Would you not buy it even though you have been a lifelong doom fan and loyal to id in the past?

I would buy it because:

1) It's DOOM. I couldn't live with the knowledge that I hadn't played it yet.
2) I slaved all summer to buy that l33t-assed GeForce3

Then I would fill the box up with sand (the really heavy kind you find at deserted construction sites), come over to your place and cave your skull in for even suggesting DOOM will suck.

Well...since I can't attack you...I'll attack your SIG! MWAHAHAHA!

Half-Life gameplay in a DOOM game?

I think not. I never had fun playing Half Life. I don't care how realistic it was...it was BORING.

I had much more fun playing Deus Ex than I did Half-Ass.

Half Life was just a big disappointment for me. Too bad the masses of FANBOYS (read FLATHEAD) insist that it was good.

Half-Life was innovative, it had a great atmosphere and, most of all, it was COHERENT. Just like Deus Ex, which is equally great.

And would people please stop bulshitting about me sig, in a week I'll change it and all this will become nonsense.

Well, id doesn't pull out shit. YEAH YEAH, I KNOW, I KNOW you don't like "X" DooM or Quake, save it, because I don't care right now, bare with me in this one...

As I was saying, even the lesser of id games has a lot of recognition. You might say it's Quake 1, or 2, 3, or even one of the DooMs, but you know that each one of them pulled an enormous community that worship the game for x factors.

The question that people should ask is, are YOU gonna like it?

For what Todd Hollenshead said a couple of days ago on a 3DActionPlanet feature, I can assure you this game won't feel like old DooM at all. Is that a bad or a good thing? That's relative. For me : a good thing.

It can't possibly be a dissapointment...we are talking about id software here, not Microprose.

(I'll play it whatever the graphix/sound/gameplay/story so on)

I doubt it will be that much of a disapointment if they use there new graphics technology properly to give the game a good enviroment. The only way I can think of it as being a disapointment (to me)is if the gameply didn't evolve any, however I would still probably buy the game. But lets keep our hopes high at least until the game comes out. Also I agree with Zaldron. One gamers disapointment could be another gamers dream come true. (Hmm, sounds like a possible sig.)

Doom, a dissappointment? Since when? When the original Doom came out, people revered it. Same with Doom2. Quakes 1&2 earned a lot of praise as well. Quake 3 was OK.
id software has a very good track record with its games, and they would not let down their fans by releasing a crappy Doom game.

Doom, a dissappointment?

Ok...maybe I should repeat myself.

My question was WOULD YOU BUY it if it just happened to suck.

The question was NOT WHETHER it would suck.

i didnt even think the words crappy and doom could be said in the same sentence (unless referring to a crappy monster etc.) id would have to screw up pretty bad if doom 3 is a disappointment and if you know the history of id as good as anybody here youll know that id does not have a reputation of making crappy games