Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Freeze

Doomworld Deathmatch Dominion (Now accepting mappers)

Sick of terrible single-player WADs? Tired of seeing nothing but DWANGO5 on Skulltag? Want to create a kickass DM map or two? Then you are in luck! The Doomworld Deathmatch Dominion is now accepting mappers!

THE RULES:

- All maps for this WAD are Boom format ONLY.
- The texture pack used will be Essel's Community Chest 4 Texture Pack (availible @ http://sl4.poned.com/wasd/cc4-tex-15.zip). In addition, all stock textures from DooM II are permitted.
- There is a 32 map limit. If required, I will create a runoff project for additional maps.
- There are no assigned map slots, but I may arrange maps based on size and theme.
- Be aware that Sky Transfers are not allowed in Boom.
- All maps must have at least 8 DM starts.
- Custom MIDIs are permitted! If your stage does not have custom MIDIs, either I'll write a track for it or I'll use the pre-assigned level track

DEADLINE

- The deadline is July 4th, 2011
- All mappers are REQUIRED to submit their finished maps by that time. Failure to do so will result in the removal of your map from the WAD.
- Upon initial completion of the map, send it to me and/or the playtesters for beta testing. We'll send it back with comments in a .txt file. Repeat as necessary.

THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF ALL

- There is no size limit, set theme, or anything. Use your imagination!

MAPPER LIST:

Mr. Freeze
Vaporizer
imp lord2
Eponasoft
Hellbent
Tourettes
Magma_Blaz

Hellbent said:

I could make a dm map for it if you don't mind sparse detail.

You are talking to the KING of sparse detail. I make E1M1 look like Deus Vult.

You should go to skulltag forums and contribute to one of the 20,000,000,000,000,000 projects that are requesting mappers. Also there's no quality control there.

If I have the time, I'd be up for speedmapping some layouts. If someone wanted to go through and clean them up afterwards, that'd be fine. And if I'm really bored, I'd do the cleaning up myself.

This could be a cool project, and I wouldn'nt mind making a map if this goes anywhere, as long as there is no specific theme to follow up on, like all tech base or whatever.

Eponasoft said:

I've never done a DM-specific map before so this might be fun. Port limitations? How many starts?

For a port I say ZDoom. Its really the only one I know how to use :P

Mr. Freeze said:

- Be aware that Sky Transfers are not allowed in Boom.

Line Action 271.

Sounds good but my few forays into dm mapping suck. Good luck on this.

ArmouredBlood said:

Line Action 271.

TheGreenHerring said:

Unfortunately, CodeImp seems to be under the impression that this is a Boom feature, and Doom Builder's Boom configuration lists it as such. It's not. It was only introduced in MBF and will not work in Boom.

You can still use sky transfers. Boom will just ignore it and display the stock skies.

Boom? Great, now I have to learn an all new port. If I get the time I can create a map for this if you want. I love joining projects like this. DM maps can be quite fun to make.

Eponasoft said:

I'm game... I'll see what I can make. I'll do a Doom In Hexen Format map... is that alright?

Probably no. Boom format is extended Doom format, while Hexen is completely different.

Hey Mr. Freeze, I'd like to make a recommendation that all maps get playtested before they get detailed. In other words, I think people should build their layouts first, with simple architecture-- place the items and then have it playtested before you start doing architectural and other detailing. Because once the detailing is done, there is no way you can go back and alter the layout if you find the map doesn't have electrifying gameplay. Just throwing that out there as an idea.

An honorable effort, but I'm afraid this will do nothing to reduce the amount of DWANGO5 servers.

Hellbent said:

map

Why are all the items shoved off toward the walls? It looks like a 12-year-old cleaning his bedroom.

what will do nothing? my map? the project? I guess I could put the items in the middle of the rooms.

Edit: i got something for playtesting: http://www.sendspace.com/file/gsh9vr

texturing is fugly, but I kinda like the sky I just 'made' from a pic off the internets. I actually got it to tile.

I'll playtest your map tonight, Hellbent.

If anyone wants to sign up as an "Official" playtester, let me know somehow.

ALSO: Is anyone in favor of a altered palette?