Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SevenYearItch

Limits?

Hello all again, I ran into another issue that I'm hoping I can be helped with. I'm currently using Doom Builder 2 and ran into a small error. Nothing comes up during gameplay, and nothing comes up in map analysis mode, however I have issues with items and portals in my map. I basically have a lot of (w1 door open stay fast) traps, in which case those monsters then walk over a line that teleports them to a certain sector in the general vicinity that you are in. The first couple traps work, however the rest of them don't. I'm positive that I tagged everything correctly. Also, healthpacks/armor/ammo that I put down does not seem to show up while testing and I'm not sure why. Any ideas that can help?

Double-check the difficulty level flags on your health packs, armour, ammo and teleport destinations.

Gez said:

It's not a "Doom Builder feature". It's a Doom feature.

A map editor lets you edit a map. That's all. It's not responsible for what the game does with that map.

Same thing for questions such as "can I make a door with Doom Builder". It's not a function of the editor. The map editor may make it simpler or, inversely, more complicated; but whether it's possible at all depends only on the game.

So if it's not working you probably did something wrong.

Ty very much Creaphis this solved my issue. I now know to double check that "easy, normal, hard" are all checked off. However, why would the program decide to uncheck those on it's own? At no point did I start unchecking some of the things that I put in my map. Either way, issue is solved. Thanks again mate.

You're welcome.

If you accidentally unchecked a difficulty level flag at one point, then the next items you added would likely also be missing the same flags. I dunno.

Yea I dunno must have happened by accident. I actually noticed it with the enemies in the separate rooms, however I forgot to add easy/medium/hard difficulties back on to the teleport destinations :P