Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Keonesan

Die Alone - Demo

I watched the video and it looks pretty cool. I like how you challenge the player by giving him/her just a pistol. It really requires them to be creative, careful, and skillful with their attacks. The structural designs look good--nice and original tech base stuff. I enjoyed the area with the big piston things. It put the user in some tight battle situations!

Overall, I think this looks like it will be clever, challeneging, and fun. I think I'll play the demo later on today just to get a feel for it. Good work so far :).

fullmetalvaran33 said:

I watched the video and it looks pretty cool. I like how you challenge the player by giving him/her just a pistol. It really requires them to be creative, careful, and skillful with their attacks. The structural designs look good--nice and original tech base stuff. I enjoyed the area with the big piston things. It put the user in some tight battle situations!

Overall, I think this looks like it will be clever, challeneging, and fun. I think I'll play the demo later on today just to get a feel for it. Good work so far :).

I'm glad you like it. And believe me, this is really hard. I had to record about 5 times because I kept dying. You will recieve other weapons in the game so you're not completely screwed. Also, if anyone can beat my mod on "F@$KING IMPOSSIBLE" mode, I will worship them.

The video looks good and so does the wad, I shall try them in a bit. But as soon as you get the pistol you fight a hell knight? 0_o

Looks really cool! Very impressive! The level-design could be a little better but I'm not going to... make a big deal about that!

fatal error said:

I just played it, and it's good. I hope you finish this one ;P

Honestly, I really doubt it. Most of my mods that I work on, I never finish and wind up down the drain.

Just played it and here is my positive thoughts about it.
- Good hard gameplay with a very cool reloadable pistol.
- I find it hilarious that you don't 'explode' from drowning like those two marines did.

Now my negative views:
- Don't put a "loading" screen in a middle of a level. Thats just isn't necessary.
- Do not lie in your text file saying it has 12 maps when there is only one cause I really thought there was 12 :(

Philnemba said:

Just played it and here is my positive thoughts about it.
- Good hard gameplay with a very cool reloadable pistol.
- I find it hilarious that you don't 'explode' from drowning like those two marines did.

Now my negative views:
- Don't put a "loading" screen in a middle of a level. Thats just isn't necessary.
- Do not lie in your text file saying it has 12 maps when there is only one cause I really thought there was 12 :(

The loading screen is just to cover up the "teleport".
Also there will be 12 maps. This is just the demo.

The "loading" screen takes you out of the action. It's possible to do the teleport without doing so; OR you can use the teleport in a dynamic way to help with the atmosphere and (possibly) the story.

For example, Half-Life just after the resonance cascade when Freeman gets teleported around to various vistas and sees strange things that he encounters way later. Of course same thing happens in HL2 with the makeshift teleporter in Kleiner's lab.

A similar thing is used in KDIZD in the last(?) level, after going through a certain hallway, everything starts shaking and then turns to black; then when you regain sight, there's flesh and gore all over the place and the walls are torn apart.

It's a good technique if used right. Much more interesting than just a "loading" deal.

Nomad said:

The "loading" screen takes you out of the action. It's possible to do the teleport without doing so; OR you can use the teleport in a dynamic way to help with the atmosphere and (possibly) the story.

For example, Half-Life just after the resonance cascade when Freeman gets teleported around to various vistas and sees strange things that he encounters way later. Of course same thing happens in HL2 with the makeshift teleporter in Kleiner's lab.

A similar thing is used in KDIZD in the last(?) level, after going through a certain hallway, everything starts shaking and then turns to black; then when you regain sight, there's flesh and gore all over the place and the walls are torn apart.

It's a good technique if used right. Much more interesting than just a "loading" deal.

You prove a good point. I will *******ely consider adding that into the next update.