Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

Dimensions of Time

Dimensions of Time is an 1998 megaWAD by Matt Tropiano. The levels are pretty simple, but good, I think. On the /idgames archive the WAD rated only 2,5-3 stars, but in my opinion Dot is better than 3 stars.

And you? Have you ever tried this WAD? What do you think about?
Write :)

(oh and an important thing: Matt was 13, when made this WAD)

I think it's a nice wad. Some glitches (most notably, pistol start Max playability was clearly not considered) and rough edges, but a good sense of fun pervades the maps.

There are plenty of demos on this wad, btw: http://doomedsda.us/wad479.html

I enjoyed DOT as well, and marveled at the age of the author. Sure, many of the maps are kinda simple and lack detail compared to today's WADs, but he had the gameplay aspect nailed down, IMHO.

I liked it, well, I hope I remember it right where one of the Secret Levels music was a midi-Instrument version of "Take Me Home" by Phil Collins... Which the level is easy but weird at the same time.

Hehe, good ol' DOT -- I need to give this a playthrough again. I had a hell of a lot of fun with it in my early Dooming years. Good selection of music too, I remember. It fit the maps, at least. :P

Yes DoT is indeed a good classic wad as I mention once before. Also Katamori if you like his work, go play Community Chest 3 Map07,29 and 30 as he made those maps if your curious. If your even more curious go check out his Hexen wad he recently finished a month ago.

Philnemba said:

Yes DoT is indeed a good classic wad as I mention once before. Also Katamori if you like his work, go play Community Chest 3 Map07,29 and 30 as he made those maps if your curious. If your even more curious go check out his Hexen wad he recently finished a month ago.

Wow, I thougt, Matt's only work was DoT :O

Katamori said:

Wow, I thougt, Matt's only work was DoT :O

What did you expect? None of the good mappers has only one handwork. Really amazing architecture is separated in at last 2 megawads and five more "level" wads.

I also contributed a map to Joshy's project, Plutonia Revisited. It'll be MAP04 once the WAD is finished. Not sure if I can contribute a second map - lots of real life taking up my time (plus other projects).

I also wrote a library for Java for reading Doom Engine data structures, found here. This isn't the same as the one I made in 2005. I was still learning Java then, and it totally sucked. This one's better.

Cell said:

What did you expect? None of the good mappers has only one handwork.

Not true. There are quite a number of mappers who only released one notable project, especially in cases where that project was a one-man episode or megawad.

Grazza said:

Not true. There are quite a number of mappers who only released one notable project, especially in cases where that project was a one-man episode or megawad.

I'm not that keen on the topic of modders, so you might have a point.