Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DuckReconMajor

Do you ever... [some nonsense with cheat codes]

Do IDDQD and IDKFA before quitting because you feel bad leaving Doomguy all alone?

Even if I've cleared out all the monsters in the level, I'm like, he's gotta get lonely in there all by himself. So I give him all the weapons to play with and keep him occupied until I get back.

edit: fine you win don't kill me

I don't give him god-mode and all guns, however, whenever I save my game and exit the game, I usually have him stand in some hiding place with a gun pointed at the entrance to the room, just in case something happens to try to get in...

The last time I used IDDQD was during my first playthrough of KDiZD. I can't remember the last time I used IDKFA. I can't recall using either for the reasons you described, OP.

I tell him to...

'Stay put, I won't be gone too long. Don't go anywhere or do anything rash or stupid. Nothing that I wouldn't do.'
'What would you do though?'
'Well I don't know, really. But I certainly wouldn't go in that room' *points*.
'But--'
'I updated your computer area map for you. Here's a pencil.' *hands one over* 'I'll be back shortly...'

He's been very obedient thus far.

Must be his corp. training!

DuckReconMajor said:

Do IDDQD and IDKFA before quitting because you feel bad leaving Doomguy all alone?

Even if I've cleared out all the monsters in the level, I'm like, he's gotta get lonely in there all by himself. So I give him all the weapons to play with and keep him occupied until I get back.

Are you being serious? Hell, when I feel like qitting, I quit in the middle of a fight, low on ammo, high on health. Lets see what became of the doomguy when I come back the next day.

i am a speedrunner, so whenever a doomguy fails me, i immediatelly ditch him and start over with a new one, hopefully more talented.

I usually kill off DoomGuy when I quit. Sometimes I'll pull out a rocket launcher, run into a wall and fire it or jump into a horde of enemies and watch the magic.

DuckReconMajor said:

Heh, that's cute.

You might want to read this and imagine what would Doomguy do.

I don't look at doomguy from a third person standpoint. When the doomguy is killing monsters, I'm killing monsters. When the doom guy is lost, I'm lost. When the doomguy needs to quit and get ready to go to work, I quit and get ready to go to work.

When I take an extreme dump in the Ultimate Bathroom of DOOM, Doomguy is taking an extreme dump in the Ultimate Bathroom of Doom.

dew said:

i am a speedrunner, so whenever a doomguy fails me, i immediatelly ditch him and start over with a new one, hopefully more talented.

Haha, yup. Usually during normal play, I try to treat each Doomguy nice, keep him alive as long as possible, but since I've been doing some speedrunning lately, I've burned through entire platoons with no remorse.

Creaphis said:

I've burned through entire platoons with no remorse.

What if all of those doomguys turn into self-destructive alcoholics and losers, or worse, into a burden/danger for society as a whole?

Maes said:

What if all of those doomguys turn into self-destructive alcoholics and losers, or worse, into a burden/danger for society as a whole?

How would they, they're likely to be already dead.

...I'd imagine that after all the bloodshed, Doomguy's insensitive enough for anything that he wouldn't feel anything at all, well maybe physical pain in extreme cases but at least he should be mentally frigid by now to have been able to stay sane past E1.

Or maybe Doomguy's actually insane and everything that happened is inside his mind.

Maes said:

When I take an extreme dump in the Ultimate Bathroom of DOOM, Doomguy is taking an extreme dump in the Ultimate Bathroom of Doom.
{yt}KAnqo71hTsg{/yt}

Thats a minute and a half I'll never get back.

Jodwin said:

How would they, they're likely to be already dead.

Well, Creaphis wrote about "ditching" them, that feels more as if they're sacked/retired than left to die. Pretty much like calling it quits and starting all over (with monsters too resuming their positions).

I'm sure this must be pretty stressful for everybody on the set, and out of it.

Well even if the Doomguy(s) would survive after being alone in the middle of an army of demons without a guiding hand (that's also assuming that he's alive in the first place which, in speedrunning, can be a long stretch), he'd probably die of hunger and thirst before finding out on his own.

Unless, of course, the map has infinite water but even then he wouldn't have an infinite supply of alcohol needed to become an alcoholic.

Jodwin said:

he'd probably die of hunger and thirst before finding out on his own.

With all that fresh meat? A pinky demon alone should be like 400 kg of pure-muscle pork.

Jodwin said:

Unless, of course, the map has infinite water but even then he wouldn't have an infinite supply of alcohol needed to become an alcoholic.

Well, unless he's so unlucky to be stuck in this map, drinkable water and food in general shouldn't be an issue. And he can always fashion some alcohol from wood scrapings from all those wooden textures and dry trees + the water (although using fresh wood pulp would work better, as "wood" alchohol can be nastier than Wesley Willy's nasty crack).

Heh, there's something very surreal and at the same time very ghetto about being a permanent squatter in hell or some other forsaken place, and just ploughing on with your life in such miserable conditions ;-) Imagine trying to sleep with demons roaming around? :-p

Look, all Doomguy is trying to do... all he's ever tried to do, is find his way back to E1M1 so that he may locate his starting co-ordinates, say the magic words and despawn once and for all.

It's all he's ever wanted.

The hunger and thirst issue is what amuses me in Doom 64's ending.

Speedrunners are such womanizers. :)
Going from doomguy to doomguy with no morals.

If I die or make a mistake or whatever in a zdoom demo, I press K (kill monsters) and then quit right after. The sound of screams and exploding bodies is kinda soothing after failing.

I have no qualms about leaving Doomguy to his own devices, nor do I agonize over the mischief he's undoubtedly getting up to when left unsupervised - that's between him and his conscience. I'd make a terrible parent. :D

Maes said:

What's the worst that could happen? All of those doomguys turn into self-destructive alcoholics, losers and worse, a burden/danger to society as a whole? I can live with that.