Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deepthought

logitech rumblepad 2 usage?

I've got a logitech rumblepad 2 that i use for skulltag on windows. i was wondering, how do i get linux to recognize it and get it to show up on skulltag. i'm running puppy linux, kernel 2.6.1, if that info is useful.

Thanks in advance!!

You go to the manufacturer's website and find Linux drivers for it, and if you can't find them then they probably don't exist; so you just have to wait for hardware manufacturers to start supporting Linux better.

bgraybr said:

You go to the manufacturer's website and find Linux drivers for it, and if you can't find them then they probably don't exist; so you just have to wait for hardware manufacturers to start supporting Linux better.

Driver's already built into the Linux kernel. Logitech doesn't do anything funny with their joypads like Microsoft did with Xbox 360 (and special drivers for that controller are also built into Linux =p)

Plus I must say, 2.6.1 really? or do you mean 2.6.31? If not then it's quite a long time out of date and you should probably update puppy first before dealing with skulltag :p

I've got one of these, and the kernel detects it as soon as I plug it in. It should just be a matter of configuring it in Skulltag.

I also agree with MikeRS: it's unlikely you're running 2.6.1; that kernel was released in 2004.