Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BattleCat

Looking for a specific racing game

Hey..

I played a racing game as a kid and I want to try it again, but I don't know the name. I remember the maps being varied. Some had you drive in laps, while others had you drive from point A to B. I remember there being at least 1 desert level. The car selection was very varied as well, letting you drive in really old racing cars (1930+) up to modern racing cars. I'm pretty sure there were no weapons in the game. Also, I think the game must be about 10 years old max.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Wasn't on the Playstation/2 was it? I seem to remember some game on there that tried to be all things to all men with classic cars, rally cars, F1 cars, trucks etc, and the levels to match.

Unfortunatley i can't remember it's name at the moment, but it may come to me.

A racing game where the tracks and cars are varied? That sure narrows it down. How about some hints on what the gameplay is like, or what special features are?

Well that's the problem, all I have in my head are vague pictures >_< I hardly remember anything about the gameplay other than the fact that I really liked the game.

This sounds like non-story driven Need for Speed almost. There are tons of cars in NoS. However, with the idea of 1930's cars, maybe Muscle Car '76? Lots of old cars, but for the namesakes they might be more 80's, 70's style... not sure.

The 30s cars reminded me of a particular game in the Cruisin' USA series, but I'm not sure which game specifically.

thank you for your suggestions. I know it isn't Need For Speed though, and it's none of those other games as the game had full 3D (meaning models and 3D world etc.).

Up until recently I thought the game I was looking for was "Have a NICE day" but I found out that game has weapons and this one doesn't :-/

You wouldn't happen to remember what console you played it on, or if it was an arcade game would you? That could narrow it down quite a bit. It kind of sounds like Cruisin' USA or Cruisin' World on arcade machines or N64. They had cars from the 30's up until present day, with no weapons. Although I think most the races were A to B, I can't recall any lap races, but I haven't played them for at least 10 years.

It was on the PC but it was the kind of game I'd suspect was released on consoles as well.

Just checked out Cruisin' World. It's not it, but it looks sweet none the less :)

kristus said:

Big red racing?

amazing game! brings back memories

I have no idea what game it is you're looking for however

EvisceratoR said:

thank you for your suggestions. I know it isn't Need For Speed though, and it's none of those other games as the game had full 3D (meaning models and 3D world etc.).

If your referring to MC76, thats not actually a game from the 70's lol... it like 1996 or 98 or something. But it didn't have point to point racing, just laps...

I haven't played a lot of racing games, but Cruisin' USA sounds like it would be the closest guess. Other racing games I recall playing years ago were:

Need For Speed
Need For Speed II
Fatal Racing
Stunts
Destruction Derby

It wasn't Test Drive 5 was it?
IIRC it had a Sydney, Australia track which might be the desert that you were looking for, but the old cars it had were 60's and 70's muscle cars.

While we're at it, I'm trying to find the name of this 90's FPS I remember playing that had a variety of guns and you had to shoot at things that also usually were trying to shoot or otherwise harm you. It had some levels with a lot of brown colors.

Nomad said:

While we're at it, I'm trying to find the name of this 90's FPS I remember playing that had a variety of guns and you had to shoot at things that also usually were trying to shoot or otherwise harm you. It had some levels with a lot of brown colors.

What kind of brown are we talking? You got your light shades like tan, beige and copper. You got your classic browns such auburn, sepia and sienna. Finally, there are the colder browns like olive, taupe and umber.

You might not believe this helps to narrow the field, but it does.

Nomad said:

yes yes, I get it - my description was extremely vague. I'm doing the best I can here :D

Test Drive 5 looks interesting. I'll have to check it out. I don't remember the game I'm looking for having police chases, but I'm pretty sure I only played a demo so it might have been left out.

Nomad said:

Quake.

Nomad said:

Final Doom.

Gez said:

Pretty sure Wacky Wheels is the answer to both questions.

Dude you're totally right! Thanks!

(Also, I miss that game. It was loads of fun--fuck Mario kart!)