Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deeforce

How to change the view from first person to third person in great video-games?

I need to know how I can change the view in the following video games from first person to third person. Please give me the information, thank you!

The games I'm very much interested in the third person view are "Doom 3" and "Quake 3 Arena".

For Quake 3, go to the console and type:
/cg_thirdPerson 1

I know there's a third-person option in Half-Life's 2 console, but I don't think there was actually a model you could see.

Why google, when you can post on DW? :P

Farcry has \THIRDPERSONANGLE [Angle] and \THIRDPERSONRANGE from memory

The only game, where I need to know the third person view command now is Doom 3 and the add-on of Doom 3. This would be awesome!

Deeforce said:

The only game, where I need to know...

I've always wondered where this sort extraneous comma comes from. They make no grammatical sense whatsoever (there's not even a pause involved), but it seems almost like the human brain is somehow tricked into writing them anyway. I've caught myself nearly doing so one or twice and can't figure out why.

That message sure wasn't off topic. But this one is:
Hmm, that's interesting. I didn't even know so many games even had third-person modes. Makes me wish that some third-person shooters had the reverse option, now...

Ha, those commas always bothered me too.

I once used the Halo pc 3rd person hack alot. It helps when the game has an animated 3rd person model with all the guns, unlike Half Life 2. It does allow some "cheating" in online games though.

Technician said:

I knew how to adjust Doom 3's camera to go third person. Last time I did it was the alpha. It's a simple command.

pm_thirdperson 1
It's pretty easy to aim even with no crosshair. The only problems are no HUD (big deal), and it's hard to interact with computer panels. Also, there is no climbing model, so going up/down ladders looks ridiculous.