Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phade

Mistworks (Wad in Progress

I like the use of fog in the first two shots. Very nice effect. The third screencap looks a little plain, but, then again, it may not be finished so, I could be wrong in saying this. The last two screenshots look delightfully dark, creepy, and hellish (and I love these kinds of maps :D)

So far, I think there's some good promise here. The screencaps definitely leave me wanting "more" so to speak. I'm very curious to play this map when you release it :).

Hellbent said:

You'll prolly want a new sky as the original one looks ridiculous against the fog.

Yeah, the sky is horrible, unfortunately this is my second map and i have no idea how to put a new sky in.

fullmetalvaran33 said:

I like the use of fog in the first two shots. Very nice effect. The third screencap looks a little plain, but, then again, it may not be finished so, I could be wrong in saying this. The last two screenshots look delightfully dark, creepy, and hellish (and I love these kinds of maps :D)

So far, I think there's some good promise here. The screencaps definitely leave me wanting "more" so to speak. I'm very curious to play this map when you release it :).

http://i37.tinypic.com/34y1yea.jpg

Updated version of the third screencap. What do you think?

Phade said:

http://i37.tinypic.com/34y1yea.jpg

Updated version of the third screencap. What do you think?

I like it a lot better :). Good lighting effects and just enough detail to make it look interesting and creative, not overdone. I personally think that the change in the lighting has had the biggest affect. It kind of creates a little bit of a realistic look as well as adds a whole new perspective to the area.

Good job :). Keep it up and this could be a really good map.

Hopefully it'll be finished in a few days, but i have no plan on rushing. Rushed wads dont have the same feel. It'll be done when its done :D

Btw, fullmetalvaran33, I sent you an extra screenshot to your message box, not sure if you have checked.

Phade said: Btw, fullmetalvaran33, I sent you an extra screenshot to your message box, not sure if you have checked.

I looked at it just a moment ago and sent you a reply :).

Currently remaking some of the earlier rooms i did quickly to make them look a bit better. I took a look at Realm667's design tips and am implementing them. I wish i could figure out how to add the monsters and new textures from the site, but it isnt urgent. I might be able to upload a early version of the map in a few days.

Phade said:

Currently remaking some of the earlier rooms i did quickly to make them look a bit better. I took a look at Realm667's design tips and am implementing them. I wish i could figure out how to add the monsters and new textures from the site, but it isnt urgent. I might be able to upload a early version of the map in a few days.

As far as adding new monsters and new textures goes, I don't think you should worry about that right now. There are a lot of good and great WADs out there that use the classic Doom monsters and textures. Also, I think since this is your first(?) map, you shouldn't trouble yourself with new monsters and new textures. Just focus on the game play, lighting, architecture, and texture placement--these are essential elements of mapping.

Yeah, lay off the custom content until you get really comfortable mapping. You don't want to fall into the same pit everyone else does when they start modding for Doom...