Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scwiba

Doom Posters

I'm sure everyone is familiar with the Ultimate Doom poster, and maybe a bit less familiar with the alternate one that showed up in photos of the id offices. But are there any other images like these? I've been curious about this for a while and figure I might as well just ask the experts.

- There's this awesome Final Doom advertisement. It's big enough to make a smallish poster, but I was wondering if a larger version existed.

- I always felt like a poster of the Doom II box art should exist, but I've never seen one or a high enough resolution image to print one from.

- There's at least one for Doom 3, which I think I've only ever seen in this thread.

- I'm curious if any others are floating around. Maybe Doom 64-related?

I'd love to have something to hang up and keep my Ultimate Doom poster company. Hopefully someone knows if any of these actually exist.

I got a poster from my Master Levels box, but I don't think it's an official Id release so it might not be relevant here. I'm also going to assume it's nothing special considering which community this is :)

Also - my Ultimate Doom box has the red baron image as seen in your post on it but I guesss everybody who has an Ultimate Doom box has their box looking the same way way?

Ryathaen said:

- I always felt like a poster of the Doom II box art should exist, but I've never seen one or a high enough resolution image to print one from.

This artwork is entitled "Doomed", by artist Brom. I've uploaded a high res version here - Link

See also "Judgement Day" by Julie Bell, the alternative unused box art for Doom II - Link

The full Master Levels background art is available here.

Also, if you happen to have a knack for fan art, corporatedemon's Cacodemon, Imp & Pinky paintings and Derek Yu's Doomguy would probably make fine posters.

EDIT:

Trilinear said:

This artwork is entitled "Doomed", by artist Brom. I've uploaded a high res version here - Link

I'm curious, where did you obtain this scan from? I've never seen it in such glorious high-res before, and believe me, I've searched everywhere.

Trilinear said:

See also "Judgement Day" by Julie Bell, the alternative unused box art for Doom II - Link

Those are awesome. Thank you :)

Janizdreg said:

I'm curious, where did you obtain this scan from? I've never seen it in such glorious high-res before, and believe me, I've searched everywhere.

See Brom's Darkwerks art book.

A larger, but cropped, version of the Julie Bell artwork (originally scanned by myself from a 1994 PC Power magazine) is available on Romero's blog - Link

EDIT:
- Here's a photo of a random Doom poster that seems to be another one-off - Link. Interestingly it uses the full, uncropped version of the late Don Punchatz's artwork that is rarely seen in it's entirety (note the blue signature in the bottom-right). From what I understand this is not available in print form, but Gregor Punchatz (Doom latex model designer) would be the one to contact if anyone is interested.

- Romero also has what appears to be a touched-up version of the warped skull texture (AKA Master Levels art) as the background image on his FormSpring site - Link | Site

- Semi-related, some Keen 6 artwork by Ken Rieger (who also did the Wolfenstein instruction manual artwork) - Box | Full art

Lots of interesting stuff posted here already. I forgot about Derek Yu's Doom artwork.

Trilinear said:

That's exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks a lot.

That final Doom poster... "Frighteningly realistic graphics" lol.

Nice find on the Doom 2 source art. I've been looking for that for ages!

Does anyone have a high quality copy of the painting on the cover of PSX Doom? A quick Google search only gave a small 600x480 from PlanetDoom.

Janizdreg said:

The full Master Levels background art is available here.

Nice! Never saw such a good version. Adrian Carmack is amazing.
From where did you get it?