Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OldSchool83

Doom Fever original cd for sale!

Never heard of it, can't find it on Wikipedia, the Doom wiki, or on various abandware sites that I can't name here. Must be pretty rare. O_o

GreyGhost said:

Wonder if it contains anything I don't have on a dozen other shovelware disks.

Don't know, but you could compare the photo that shows some of the files on the CD. At least some of those are on /idgames...and the others aren't.

Even if some of those aren't available online, there is hardly any maps worth a damn from '94, let alone worth enough to justify $40.

Mike.Reiner said:

Even if some of those aren't available online, there is hardly any maps worth a damn from '94, let alone worth enough to justify $40.

I put it up as more of a rarity item, and there are actually some pretty cool wads on there. I might change the auction to provide a full list and show some samples.

Mike.Reiner said:

Unless you're Funduke.

OldSchool83 said:

I'm sure Doom Fever needs no introduction on this forum, but I wanted to let you guys know that I have a original Doom Fever for sale on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190442613963

Ultra-rare. Probably one of the few, if not the only one that still exists.

You sir... FAIL!
I own one.
I got it from my uncle who didn't care.

-----------Edit---
So appearantly my disc is missing...
But when I first looked in the disc, I found the levels, issue- couldn't be loaded. And the install is practically DOS based.

OldSchool, perhaps you should do a directory dump of the disc to a text file and link folks to it via Pastebin to see if it's worth buying.

Mr. Chris said:

OldSchool, perhaps you should do a directory dump of the disc to a text file and link folks to it via Pastebin to see if it's worth buying.

Yes, I plan on doing that tonight along with some more screenshots.

Mithral_Demon said:
You sir... FAIL!
I own one.
I got it from my uncle who didn't care.

Really? If you don't mind, post the contents in a ZIP (or 7z, for a smaller archive) somewhere. As far as I'm concerned, these should be shared, particularly any files that have "you may distribute" text file notices, and among those especially those not found at idgames. Shovelware WAD compilations all went against the game's EULA which allows free add-ons only as long as they are released and distributed for free.

OldSchool83 on his ebay article said:

Tons of new wads, cheats, level editors, etc, all in an easy to use dos interface for a true vintage gaming experience

Don't want to be an ass, but what do you mean by "new"?

Vegeta said:

New as in WADs other than the original. Obviously I'm not trying to pass off this CD as "new" as I clearly state in the auction that I bought this CD in 1994.

Gez said:

If anybody is going to buy it, it would not be for its content anyway.

Agreed, though $40 is a bit steep. Fortunately it isn't a worldwide listing so I'm not tempted to bid.

Vegeta said:

That's how the CD publishers tend to describe them. Most of the handful of disks I've just picked through claim to have "new levels", one also has "new weapons" and "new monsters".

brinks said:

I am sorely disappointed at the fact that this isn't a Doom-themed disco album.

I came in expecting the Bobby Prince equivalent of Sesame Street Fever and I was let done by the OP and a throwaway disc of PWADs.

Glass Rook said:

I'd make a bid if I knew it wasn't everything I already have on my hard-drive anyway.

Sorry I didn't get around to providing full list tonight. I'm about to go out so I'll *******ely get it up by tomorrow.

brinks said:

I am sorely disappointed at the fact that this isn't a Doom-themed disco album.

This.

Technician said:

OldSchool83 said:

I'll *******ely get it up by tomorrow.

Wha?

Somebody can't spell definitely. :p

I find it pretty entertaining when people think their shovelware cds are worth money. While the cd may technically be rare it's only worth what people are willing to pay for it. In this case I'd be surprised if you got 5 bucks for it. If it had packaging that would be different. Then you may very well get 5 bucks for it. Being an inane Doom collector myself, it must have the packaging.

Nuxius said:

Somebody definitely can't spell. :p

Fixed. The phantom gramma checka strikes again. :-)

EDIT

Nuxius said:

Spell, definitely can't, somebody. :p

Fixed. The Yoda grammar checker strikes again. :-)