Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
derp

Noob Alert: Probably such a dumb question, but..

I got into a game earlier where it had some cool ass mods. One of them was you carried a sniper rifle (similar to the M40A3) and I busted ass with it. But uhm, yeah. Since I've never seen it before in the game, is there a way to actually aim down the sight? Its fun to no scope and all, but it would be cool as hell if I could actually scope in.

I'm not sure about ZDaemon, but ZDoom and its derivative ports (GZDoom, Skulltag) have a zoom-in feature - as long as you write it yourself.

Derp, here's what you have to do: While ZDoom or your port of choice is running, press the ~ key in the top left corner of your keyboard. Then, type the following exactly as it appears, pressing enter after each line:

alias zoomout "fov 90; eval * $mouse_sensitivity 4.5 mouse_sensitivity; rebind zoomin"
alias zoomin "fov 20; eval / $mouse_sensitivity 4.5 mouse_sensitivity; rebind zoomout"
bind F zoomin
That's a simple zooming script that I just stole off of the ZDoom wiki. To finish, press ~ again. Now, any time you want to zoom either in or out, just press F. If you'd rather use a different key to zoom, then replace F in the third line with another key. For instance, if you want to zoom in and out with your middle mouse button, then the third line of the script should be typed as "bind mouse3 zoomin".

There's also this (not in Skulltag though) to let you create weapons with a built-in zoom system.

If this was in (g)zDoom or Skulltag, open the console by pressing ~. Type "fov 50" to zoom in. The default is "fov 90". Play around, it can get pretty cool. "fov 10" for extreme railgun sniping.

Nevermind, guys. I got it. In the controls, I had to set some secondary fire control and when you clicked that, it aimed down the sight. I use Skulltag btw.