Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pritch

Source Port problems. And bot problems. yay.

ok, so I bit the bullet and went and downloaded all the stuff for the first time since my last HD died in November.

Firstly, EDGE. Whoops. It keeps trying to run in 1600x1200 and then telling me it's failed. Well, no shit. It fucks up my desktop settings in the process. I can't find where to tell it to open with 800x600. Help please.

jDoom. I never did like it much but that's not the point. Everything is in the right directory as far as I see, still it gives me a W_GetNumForName: PNames not found! just before finishing loading and then dies, which I haven't seen for years. help.

Legacy actually works. Yay! Except legacy pisses me off with it's minimal key binding support (I can't reasign the automap key? Die!) and horrible blood effects, but that's a diffeent story. The sound voices seems to have been set at about 2 as well and they're so bad it's like listening to teh system speaker. I'm not sure where to change that.

I also finally got ZCajun, my first try with bots. Fine, until I try and load a pwad through ZCajun, figuring the 'Rambo' bot will help me defeat Herian finally.

"Couldn't find c:\program files\doom ii for windows 95\herian.wad in bots.cfg" What? why does that matter? It works when it's just the IWAD loaded. What am I forgetting to do? Someone help please, I want bots in my pwads!!

cheers in advance.

Firstly, EDGE. Whoops. It keeps trying to run in 1600x1200 and then telling me it's failed. Well, no shit. It fucks up my desktop settings in the process. I can't find where to tell it to open with 800x600. Help please.

edge.cfg

I also finally got ZCajun, my first try with bots. Fine, until I try and load a pwad through ZCajun, figuring the 'Rambo' bot will help me defeat Herian finally.

"Couldn't find c:\program files\doom ii for windows 95\herian.wad in bots.cfg" What? why does that matter? It works when it's just the IWAD loaded. What am I forgetting to do? Someone help please, I want bots in my pwads!

How did you load the .wad? I guess you did not use the -file parameter (i.e. zdoom bla.wad). Try to run it with -file: zdoom -file bla.wad
That should solve the problem

I'm pretty sure I did..

ok type EXACTLY what I need to put in, word for word and exactly WHERE i should put it, just to make sure...

Well, simply drag'n'dropping the .wad onto zdoom.exe should work fine. If you're using the DOS Box, go to your ZDoom dir and type

zdoom -file "c:\program files\doom ii for windows 95\herian.wad"

(not the ", they are important)

What version of ZDoom are you using?

All my ports work fine for me...oh and pritch, THIS BELONGS IN THE SOURCE PORTS FORUM

Thank you for your understanding

you see, this is why tarin is a mod and you three are just regular lamers, especially fredrik.

Thankyou tarin, but I normally drag n drop. I thought that was the problem so I used -file. Still says ~.wad is missing from bots.cfg.

I dunno, I'm tired and pissed off. I want to beat the shit out of something. I wish AOL were a living ting standing right next to me. Oh, the joy of rightous violence..

you see, this is why tarin is a mod and you three are just regular lamers, especially fredrik.

Bah. I'm out again.

You're right here with us "lamers" as well pritch, enjoy yourself, drink some 734

Isn't there an autoexec.cfg for it that tells it where bots.cfg should be? You have to edit it to tell it where path is. In zdoom.cfg edit the line: set autoexec "C:/autoexec.cfg" to where it is and create autoexec.cfg with path to bots.cfg , my bots.cfg is in c:\zdoom\zcajun etc

no... this is actually why tarin is a mod:

<Tarin--> Linguica
<Linguica> thats my name
<Tarin--> yes
<Tarin--> can I be moderator of the editing forum?
<Linguica> uh
<Linguica> why
<Tarin--> there is none :P
<Tarin--> and weird people start to spam it
<Linguica> heh
<Linguica> ok done
<Tarin--> heh
<Tarin--> cool, thx

<Tarin--> Linguica
<Linguica> thats my name
<Tarin--> yes
<Tarin--> can I be moderator of the editing forum?
<Linguica> uh
<Linguica> why
<Tarin--> there is none :P
<Tarin--> and weird people start to spam it
<Linguica> heh
<Linguica> ok done
<Tarin--> heh
<Tarin--> cool, thx

Heh. That's for sure.