Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clonehunter

DECORATE Tutorials

Yep I'm looking for more DEORATE Tutorials. Actually, I've never really found any, but thats laziness.

Any-hoo, I actually want to know where I can find some tutorials for creating static objects like gore and decoration. I already have some sprites, I just need to know what to do with them. I tried using DecAssist, however, it doesn't seem to havy any functions for Static Objects, just monsters, projectiles, and weapons.

So, anyone know a place?

do not expecxt to get all that is written there first time you read it, but its sure a page to visit frequently while learning DECORATE

I know

Looking at the class definitions really helped me. It's nice because if you are already familiar with the function/behavior of the objects, it's easier to figure out how the code correlates to it. Decorations are pretty simple, but this becomes key when you want to start modifying or creating monsters.

I've been to those pages. Hm...

Been there a few times. All I know now is creating static objects (Which I did and submitted to realm667 :P )

and I learned editing existing monsters, which I also did for a WWII mod. Now I must learn how to create new attack functions, r at least clone a Caco Ball and change it up some.

I'm trying to create a Doom 3 style Cacodemon.

Why don't you download a custom monster, open it up with a lump editor (eg slumped) and see how the custom decorates work. Experiment by changing the values you can get a feel of how it works. Then you can put your own together. Once you have all your sprites