Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Post your non-Doom game picture/video! [read the image-posting rules in the FAQ]

DuckReconMajor said:

256,000 Stream Processing Units give your blur that extra blurriness our competitors simply can't offer!

Who needs that when I can just take off my glasses

AgentSpork said:

Transcribing drum notes to add custom songs into Rock Band. It's a pain to do without actually having the original stems for the tracks.

Reaper is the best.

StevieCybernetik said:

Lol. Disgruntled employee much?

I still say HL1 is the best because you can kill scientists in it.

Actually, HL on the source engine is awesome. The physics (especially the crossbow) take scientist killing to a new level of hilarity.

AgentSpork said:

http://misc.spork-chan.net/ohaithar.png

Why hello there, sexy!

Oh shit!

Also what game is that?

DooMAD said:

http://www.teamhellspawn.com/mc190910.gif

Really must jump on again. Pain in the ass having to be up at 3am to catch you two.

I've been playing single player a lot and have started building very similar castle walls O_o Good to see the water towers still up.

Ahcruna said:
Also what game is that?

Elvira 2. A nice but hard horror adventure. One of the few games that made me crap my pants to no end as a child. Another one in similar style would be Lords of Doom.

neg!ke said:

Elvira 2. A nice but hard horror adventure. One of the few games that made me crap my pants to no end as a child. Another one in similar style would be Lords of Doom.

Glad someone knows about this game. :P Been trying to beat it and have gotten farther than I've managed to on previous occasions, but those cave/underground sections are brutal mazes to the point where I've had to map them out as I go so I don't get totally lost.

So, having never played Minecraft... is there any actual objective or point to the game? From what I've seen it looks a lot like Blockland, where you just go around and build whatever the hell you want.. not that there's anything wrong with that. :P

It's supposed to be a survival game. The idea is not to die whilst building, although that's pretty easy at the moment as monsters aren't really working in multiplayer and everyone is invincible, heh. That should be fixed by Halloween apparently.

DooMAD said:

It's supposed to be a survival game. The idea is not to die whilst building, although that's pretty easy at the moment as monsters aren't really working in multiplayer and everyone is invincible, heh. That should be fixed by Halloween apparently.

Its working just fine in Alpha singleplayer.

That reminds me of that amazing hockey map someone was doing with ZDoom a while back. Whatever happened to that?

AgentSpork said:

Glad someone knows about this game. :P Been trying to beat it and have gotten farther than I've managed to on previous occasions, but those cave/underground sections are brutal mazes to the point where I've had to map them out as I go so I don't get totally lost.

I don't think I've ever gotten there or actually finished the game. And if I did, then only with a walkthrough. It's really a game of the old school, i.e. it requires you go through it many times in a trial-and-error fashion until you know exactly how to to proceed - where error usually means dying or getting stuck (either insta-deaths when entering a room unprepared like with that vampire lady you posted, or not being able to escape a trap if not equipped with the right items/spells like that storage room with the bodies).
Still cool, though. Will have to give it another try some time. Speaking of mazes to get lost in, I always found the castle in Elvira 1 to be most confusing, too.

I actually watched this twice a while ago, along with the first one and Waxworks.

Better than some movies.

After playing the first one in WinUAE I never thought of touching the PC versions again.

Yeah, the music and atmosphere is so much better on the Amiga versions of the game. The first Elvira also has some damn good moody background music, really immerses you in the game.

I've beaten Waxworks a couple of times, but I have yet to complete either of its predecessors. The bird clawing your character's eyes out in the first one actually freaked me out a great deal more than some of the deaths in the other games. Something about your character missing his eyeballs just gets my blood pumping, y'know?

The PC versions have completely different music, which I don't quite understand. If I recall, in the first Elvira they replaced the awesomely atmospheric music with a bunch of goofy tunes that completely ruined the game's atmosphere. I've been playing the second one for DOS out of sheer convenience, as I haven't gotten around to setting up WinUAE again just yet.

ScummVM can also run both the Amiga and PC versions of all of these games, but there are some compatibility issues if I recall and the Amiga versions have sound and music playback issues.

Wow, this looks even more complicated than I remembered/imagined. Thanks for posting the video - I guess I won't be trying the game any time soon after all...

DooMAD said:

From the screenshots I've seen Minecraft seems to have some horrible graphics with it...

printz said:

From the screenshots I've seen Minecraft seems to have some horrible graphics with it...

Yeah, but graphics don't make the game, creativity of the game does.
Look at Doom, as much as the graphics don't par with standards, it is still played as if it still was 1993 but with better maps.
I play it and enjoy.

AveryMaurice said:

Just recorded this, might as well throw it up.

(video)

What happened to your flashlight?

Wing Commander: Advance Guard, a FreeSpace 2 mod I and another member of the FS2 community are working on, in the spirit of Wing Commander 2.