Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hfc2x

Bugs... anyone noticed?

Well, first of all, this is my first post here, and I got to say that this is a wonderful project. Other than the crappy monster graphics (sorry, got to be honest LOL) this is such a wonderful project for anyone wanting to play mods or level packs.

Anyways, I downloaded freedoom and tested it with some WADS. I noticed some bugs:

Hell Knight sprites' (BOS2) rotations are incorreclty named, so it looks weird as if the monster rotates while walking. Sprite BOS2A6C4 is incorrectly named, it should be called BOS2C4A6. So with A7C3 that must be C3A7, A8C2 must be C2A8, B6D4 must be D4B6, B7D3 must D3B7 and B8D2 must be D2B8.

Well, that's the only major bug I've found so far. Maybe I'll post more whenever I find them.

hfc2x said:

Hell Knight sprites' (BOS2) rotations are incorreclty named, so it looks weird as if the monster rotates while walking. Sprite BOS2A6C4 is incorrectly named, it should be called BOS2C4A6. So with A7C3 that must be C3A7, A8C2 must be C2A8, B6D4 must be D4B6, B7D3 must D3B7 and B8D2 must be D2B8.

I remember seeing this one in a thread a few months ago. I'm surprised it is still not fixed o_O

Yea, I submitted a fix, it is in the incoming site as "johnson_bos2.zip".
I do not see it in the GIT log yet.
See forum thread "Hell Knight BUG" of 1/25/2010.

The last time i looked at freedoom it had no credits page, so doom2 would produce an HOM.

I downloaded the very latest "doom2.wad" from http://free.doomers.org/ and still noticed that some of the switch textures still have not been fixed.

They are ...

sw1/2wdmet, sw1/2garg, sw1/2lion, sw1/2satyr. When the player activates any of these, there is no animation/change at all.

For example, to fix sw2wdmet just change the patch from w108_2 to w108_3.

on a lesser note ...

Textures sw1/2brown and sw1/2cmt could have their textures reversed to conform to other, similar switch textures.

Also ...

Notice the texture change at map 30 line 3447. This is a direct result of trying to support tnt/plutonia in the one iwad. There are instances where these three iwads use the same texture name, but the actual textures are different.

When there is the same texture name from different iwads I always made doom2 the priority. Maybe I missed one. Will check out.

No idea about the switches. If you know whats going on could you make a patch or fixed file?

Several Doom 1 switches are turned into identical clones in Doom 2, so priority should be given to Doom rather than Doom 2 for switch textures.

Doom1 target and doom2 target do not need to share patches/textures of same name. They have separate targets/iwads so they can have proper switches.
Something else to figure out.

Catoptromancy said:

No idea about the switches. If you know whats going on could you make a patch or fixed file?

The main problem was that patches WALL47_3, WALL47_4 and WALL47_5 were not included in the PNAMES lump, and therefore, could not be used in TEXTURE1 lump.

Also W108_3 was in PNAMES but was not used for SW2WDMET in TEXTURE1.

I will PM you a fixed patch wad.

I noticed in E2m4 you can't win. a door you can't co through for no reason, a severely broken elevator, and a door that won't open. yeah. RIGHT before the end of the level too.