Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eargosedown

Does anyone here actively play Starcraft 2?

Just a thought, it's one of my big pass times now. If anyone's interested in playing some team ladder or some 1v1s (Or being practice buddies! :D) that'd be cool.

Name/Code: Sarah/743 (Teamliquid Profile)

My play level is like low-level-to-"meh"-level Diamond.

I play it regularly but not competitively. Been cooping against very hard comps with Doom Marine and Craigs (and doom marine's cousin). We'll probably play league games eventually, but for now we just like talking on skype and giving those low life computers a spanking.

My real id email is Krispavera (AT) gmail (DOT) com if you want to add me anyways. Maybe you can convince me to man up and go online.

I'm waiting until I get a new computer. Right now I can barely run the game at the very lowest settings. It's quite a pain to play. I kind of suck though, I was placed in silver league.

Star Craft 2 Single Player felt very lame to me. That whole "interact with Raynor" shit combined with the dumbed down story destroyed the flow and immersion of the game completely for me. I got a feeling that multiplayer against computers is where it's at though.

I tend to go through stages where I'll play for a while, then I'll be off for a while. Lately I've been feeling the need to go back online once I get some audio work done at home. My real id is dj.haruko (at) gmail (do t) com if you'd like to add me.

Battle.net ID: busybeaverhp@gmail.com

I've been playing 1v1 AI (insane) to perfect my build order, before hitting the matchmaking button. I'm also one mission away from finishing the campaign on Brutal. I was a ranked competitive player in the original Age of Empires, coming from that background, Starcraft 2's got me very tempted to compete again, with my friends and family playing it and all.

Between Craigs, Krispavera, and I, we're pretty much a pack that does not only Starcraft 2, but Alien Swarm, Borderlands, Doom (Read: DVII-SE testing), and pretty much whatever games we have in common. We always Skype while playing. You're very welcomed to join us!

Doom Marine said:

I'm also one mission away from finishing the campaign on Brutal.

Fun, wasn't it? :P

Belial said:

Fun, wasn't it? :P

Yeah it is. I played through the Hard campaign, then played it again on Brutal, I was a bit more ready for Brutal than I thought, since I know where everything is and planned my upgrade path, all that and my APM's gotten a lot higher since I first played SC2.

Some things that helped me in Brutal:

* Orbital Command / MULES: they give all missions a nice resource kick start.
* Infantry and Medic upgrades: they're the meat and potatoes of the forces, these get the upgrade first, everything else is secondary.
* SCV-less refineries: frees up 3 SCV's
* Tech-Reactor Protoss research: can't imagine the later games without them.
* Science Vessels: a Pair of science vessels healing mechanical units for free. In many missions, especially the mass BattleCruiser one, this is do-or-die.

Doom Marine said:

Yeah it is. I played through the Hard campaign, then played it again on Brutal, I was a bit more ready for Brutal than I thought, since I know where everything is and planned my upgrade path, all that and my APM's gotten a lot higher since I first played SC2.

Some things that helped me in Brutal:

* Orbital Command / MULES: they give all missions a nice resource kick start.
* Infantry and Medic upgrades: they're the meat and potatoes of the forces, these get the upgrade first, everything else is secondary.
* SCV-less refineries: frees up 3 SCV's
* Tech-Reactor Protoss research: can't imagine the later games without them.
* Science Vessels: a Pair of science vessels healing mechanical units for free. In many missions, especially the mass BattleCruiser one, this is do-or-die.

Yeah, that's how I did it as well, except for the mules, didn't figure they were that useful until I watched some matches on YT.

I didn't discover the mules during my playthrough on Hard either.

One day, I was doing a 1v1 Very Hard Terran AI, and was irked that it kept kicking my butt, so I watched the replay, lo and behold, the MULE was its secret weapon.

Now I'm holding my own against 1v1 Insane Terran AI's, but god damn if they didn't cheat, I need to watch those replays and pay attention to their build order and resource count.

Doom Marine said:

Now I'm holding my own against 1v1 Insane Terran AI's, but god damn if they didn't cheat, I need to watch those replays and pay attention to their build order and resource count.

If I recall, insane AI gets more minerals per mineral mined.

Doom Marine said:

You're very welcomed to join us!

I'd be more than happy to =]

My skype is the same as my forum handle here if ya wanna add me.

chopkinsca said:

If I recall, insane AI gets more minerals per mineral mined.

Yup, and they have no apm cap. unfortunately they have some poor choices in strategy, but for AI it works well =D

Even Very Hard AIs don't have APM caps, their APMs can go up to 1300, and I couldn't even go past a few hundred by spamming "S" at the beginning!

Just beat the final mission on Brutal. I chose to fight nydus worms, no brood lords or mutalisks. It made Utter Darkness seemed like a walk in the park. That was incredibly painfully difficult.

Doom Marine said:

I chose to fight nydus worms, no brood lords or mutalisks.

lol man

Great minds think alike and all that.

Belial said:

lol man

Great minds think alike and all that.

Same here.

BroodLords? No thanks. All you need to do is once you get a good D up, start making banshees. Once the worms pop up, kill em and run. Easy.

Bump for Starcraft Awareness Promotion:

For non-Starcrafters: The blue star is Master League.

I just make units and rape. I might just work on 1v1 rape later this summer. Rape rape rape.

Bought it like two months ago. I thought campaign was actually pretty good with variety of different type of missions. Finished it second time on brutal just a week ago. Gold in eu ladder D: I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm winning normal games against terran and protoss and losing to zerg, cheese and banshees. Still, fun times laddering.

my roommate has been (slowly) teaching me the ropes.
he has been competing in starcraft, and now starcraft 2, for years.

watching him play a normal match is like watching a killer whale hunt seals.

Edited by The Lag

I dont like single player SC2 but love the multiplayer. Im gold right now and my nick is Nokturnus on NA server. I play a lot when ladder resets (this is about one or two weeks) then play less and spending starcraft time watching replays (watch some streams on teamliquid lately). I play terran and always go for a macro game. I hate cheese (proxy rax, 4 gateway, 9 pool rush, etc..) so i become very good at stop 'em. Time average for games are 25-30 minutes. Maybe this is the reason im still in gold, lenghty games are so demanding, so i play only 10 or 15 games a week. My APM is currently between 80-90. I hope i became diamond before beta HOTS starts.

I just installed Starcraft (the original) a week ago and am working through the Terran campaign. I've had the disc for years but never seriously played it.

I'm with the times.

DeathevokatioN said:

Star Craft 2 Single Player felt very lame to me. That whole "interact with Raynor" shit combined with the dumbed down story destroyed the flow and immersion of the game completely for me. I got a feeling that multiplayer against computers is where it's at though.

Story of SC was already pretty dumb. Don't see how it was any worse in SC2.

Anyway. I played it a bit. Very little. So I pretty much suck at it. (Super low bronze ladder)