Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

Michael Jackson MMO in development

It's also disgusting that it takes advantage of him dead, without his input. It's ghoulish.

printz said:

It's also disgusting that it takes advantage of him dead, without his input. It's ghoulish.

uhm well its not like they didnt do the same shit while he was alive, and worse. at least a few more people actually respect him since he died cuz it was so unexpected. hes actually getting recognition now, its actually more of an honor that someone thinks of him to be so important that they are actually spending their hard earned time and money to make a game about him instead of making something that would actually sell, cuz I would never play this...

kristus said:

So? He's dead, that means he doesn't care about anything anyone ever say or do anymore.

Why make a game about a dead artist who therefore doesn't produce any more, and remains in history?? I can understand if a game is made in promotion for an existing rock band or whatever, because that's always meant for hyping and stuff, and works. But after the artist is dead? It sounds like trying to unearth. Or like toying with the grief (oh no, we don't want him dead, let's make this new set-up so we imagine he's still alive among us! Yeah whatever, he's still dead).

printz, fact is mj and elvis are two people that will probably always sell more records dead than most artists will alive. they are technically dead, but they will always continue to sell albums, books, movies, games, etc. in a way, I suppose they achieved eternal life.

I like Michael Jackson and I think it's pretty rotten that apparently people in this country do not believe in being innocent until proven guilty, or proven not guilty for that matter. The man is dead now and if you don't want to play his game then don't. When did everyone become such immature little kids that get all bent out of shape about everything?

I'll play it. I think it's great they are making more games, although I'm half-hoping Sega comes out with an action game (another Moonwalker? Sick!). They were rumored to be making something after he passed.

I can't wait to see what these shape up like. Off topic, his "new" album is supposed to come out in a few months time.

In short, if you're not a fan - stop bitching. If you are, be thankful his spirit lives on in other mediums. He might be gone, but MJ will always be King.

Archvile78 said:

What next? An FPS based of Michael Jackson?

Well there is one of Elvis Presley and it's none too good.

I think the Columbine RPG was a better attempt at controversial video game programming.

What? Uh, what are you supposed to do in the game? If I get a game called "Michael Jackson (MMO)" I expect to play as him. Or is your character just some random guy, and Michael is just an NPC in the game? This is befuddling in so many ways.

It's a sad world where this is in development, and the Serenity MMO has apparently gone by the wayside. I need to get some people together for a game of Serenity tabletop or something.

An MJ MMO?

Hmm...

Features...
*Locals and Characters from Jackson's hit videos and trials!
*Music!
*Dancing!
*Fight Zombies!
*Dance with Zombies!
*Meet virtual Michael Jackson! Almost as cool as the real fucking deal!
*Dance some more!
*Tee-Hee your cares away!!

Hm, so now since we have this, will we be getting the Bob Marley MMO I've always dreamt of too?