Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DuckReconMajor

After 525 years in the making

The wings on that thing looked amazing, the way they curled when they flapped.

So uh, maybe it's 2 am, but I watched the priceline ad before the vid then closed it down, thinking I had seen what I was meant to see. Then a second later I said wtf am I doing I was trying to watch a human powered plane fly not some ad to save money on flights based on some secret-agent guy theme. I need sleep -.- Pretty cool though.

Sleep? When there is work to be done on UAC Ultra 2?

Get back to your PC and get to work or I will throw a bucket of ice water at you. Repeatedly.

That contraption's relying on propeller blades for propulsion instead of it's flapping wings, so strictly speaking it's not an ornithopter.

Until they can make an ornithopter that looks like this:

They can SMB

God damn it, lego sucks all kinds of ass now. Why do they have all those lame curvy pieces and shit? Thats not lego :-(

What is the point of that thing? To block an attack by a flying enemy and likely destroy itself in the process?

It's actually a very good and sought-after card, expendable as they are. I have at least 12 of them. In an artifact affinity deck, they are just pure awesome.

AndrewB said:

What is the point of that thing? To block an attack by a flying enemy and likely destroy itself in the process?

Heh, I actually took this response directed to the real thing.

AndrewB said:

EarthQuake said:

It's actually a very good and sought-after card, expendable as they are. I have at least 12 of them. In an artifact affinity deck, they are just pure awesome.

Yeah, Ornithopters have always been one of my favorite Magic cards. So very unassuming. Not only are they good to drop out the first turn as chump blockers, but a lot of single-casting cost enhancers like Unstable Mutation, Giant Grown, Holy/Unholy Strength and the like will make them a bit more of a nuisance, especially with their flying ability.

And yeah, in an affinity deck, 0 casting cost artifacts can be especially useful, making it so you quite possibly never have to spend any mana at all, or even have land in your deck (except maybe those sexy artifact lands).