Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

Michael Jackson MMO in development

Bank said:

I like Michael Jackson and I think it's pretty rotten that apparently people in this country do not believe in being innocent until proven guilty, or proven not guilty for that matter. The man is dead now and if you don't want to play his game then don't. When did everyone become such immature little kids that get all bent out of shape about everything?

You honestly don't see anything twisted about using a dead star's image to sell products?

Mr. Freeze said:

You honestly don't see anything twisted about using a dead star's image to sell products?

You honestly don't see anything twisted about using Titanic's image, despite all the people who died, to sell Titanic the movie?

And countless other examples.

It might be a little questionable that they're doing a Michael Jackson game this "soon" after his death, but as long as they pay him proper respects rather than spitting on his face who cares?

Mr. Freeze said:

No I don't because it's been done literally forever-- the same way I don't feel bad about listening to songs by someone who is dead, because those songs are certainly still being sold.

Mr. Freeze said:

I've got more of a problem with all the idiots trying to imitate Elvis.

Bank said:

No I don't because it's been done literally forever-- the same way I don't feel bad about listening to songs by someone who is dead, because those songs are certainly still being sold.

TBH, I think that's different. Songs by dead musicians were made BY dead musicians, which obviously isn't the case here.

I don't know. Call me strange, but the last thing I'd ever want is my face plastered on something after I buy the farm.

I can only imagine this as a world full of MJ wannabes, moonwalking, throwing their hats and grabbing their crotches as they emit high-pitched "Auwwwww" MJ screams.

Dee said:

printz, fact is mj and elvis are two people that will probably always sell more records dead than most artists will alive. they are technically dead, but they will always continue to sell albums, books, movies, games, etc. in a way, I suppose they achieved eternal life.

Yup. Having works meaningful enough that you end up living on through them is about as close as you can get to immortality.

Let's keep the discussion about the topic instead of rambling to XYZ on MJ himself. o.o

I've no real idea why to make an MMO around him as I don't see a lot of creativity to use to level up, items/weapons/armor and all of that..same with quests, what exactly is one to do in terms of that?

Mr. Chris said:

I've no real idea why to make an MMO around him as I don't see a lot of creativity to use to level up, items/weapons/armor and all of that..same with quests, what exactly is one to do in terms of that?

Where are you getting this? The article says MMO, or Massively Multiplayer Online [Game]. There's nothing about it being an RPG.

Mr. Freeze said:

I don't know. Call me strange, but the last thing I'd ever want is my face plastered on something after I buy the farm.

Reminds me of this article I read the other day.

tl;dr - Harlan Ellison is going to have all his unfinished works burned upon his death.

Maes said:

Well there is one of Elvis Presley and it's none too good.

I played it. It got tons of bad reviews that were brutal. It would have been a good joke wad had it been just a tad better quality