Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Dead in the Knee-Deep (1/9)

esselfortium said:

My uncle who works for Nintendo says that isn't true.

My Uncle works for playstation and he says it IS true!!!!!1

Apparently this only happens in the Ultimate Doom version, since udoom came out after Doom2 and there are doom2 monsters and stuff in this. I don't think the code is compatible with Nintendo. :)

Jon Ramaro took me to nintendo's office to play Doom 6 before it even came out. I know what I'm talking about!

He let me sit on his lap too!

Xaser said:

I wonder if anyone here plays Doom.

Never heard of it. Is it anything like Halo?

I saw some gameplay of the unreleased "Doom: The universe has been toasted" where you fight for justice and avenge your extinct species by taking down Quake, by deflecting his hammer right back at him, and even overpowering his ring of regeneration.

Cool. Here's a FDA, watch only if you want to see my doomguy clobbered by cybies thousands of times. I got to what I assume is the final fight or close to it with archies reviving revenants, but gave up a short while after. The first jump is way too hard for me (I miss it 95% of the time) so recording turns out crappy, but it should be more fun with saves.

Edit : just finished it with saves. Great stuff.

Dad sat on a plane ready to be dropped into Cuba (82nd Airbourne) during the Cuban missle crisis.

Uhhh...sorry...what was the topic? Uncles?

Got an uncle that went from selling cars to selling God.

Wow! who would have thought that a backwards e1m8 would be so brutal...then again it is made by ToD. I'm curious to see how hard the other maps will be.

The concept is great, the title is great (unlike KDIKDIZD...), I don't like playing it...

My minor suggestions would be:
1. give some megaspheres on lower difficulty levels (Skill 3 may have monster count equal to skill 4, skill 2 would have less cybers...)
2. sector 44 with a switch is too close to a wall IMO, the player "bounces" in a strange way there on -complevel 9 when trying to get radiation suit

Of course, the map is way too difficult for me (= I suck), but frankly, there are challeging maps I want to play over and over again until I succeed, but a small map with 21 cyberdemons is unlikely to please me.

Oh, why there's MAP01 and MAP10?

Here's a map01 max 6:56 + a txt file this time

Phml - Cool, thanks for the FDA. Do you mean the jump itself is hard or that the mancubus make it harder? The jump isn't big, but you just gotta make sure to jump on the point of the star. :)

Phil - I dunno how "hard" the other maps will be, but the gameplay will pretty much be the same for every map. I want to have parts in the other maps that use the other weapons too.

vdgg - Good idea about difficulty settings, I'll do that. I don't have doombuilder on my internet computer, so I'm not sure what sector 44 is, but I think I know what you mean. I never had problems getting the rad suit behind the switch so I probably won't change it :) but I always use the switch on the left (in automap view), maybe the switch on the right is closer to the wall?

Map10 will be map01-09 all together in one map, like in eternal memories map33. So I make all the maps in map10 and delete all the other sectors for the single maps (01-09).

Btw, wtf is with the uncle fetish? :O

My trouble with the jump was being blocked by Cyberdemons because of their infinite height, that was a pain in the ass

I'd recommend not shooting, make the stairs rise, run by the mancubus and press the switch, run back to the stairs and jump to the star before the cybers have time to block you.

^ Yep, the above strategy works for me everytime. It is the jump itself that gives me trouble, because you need to be rather precise with your straferunnning - and I'm no good at that.

My uncle makes visual functions for TV here, so if want he can troll sweden SO HARD that he gets fired but walks out with a smile on his face :D

if he suddenly would think that an idea like that is suiteble for any reason. he earns too much to afford losing that job.