Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Crendowing

My Mind Has Been Changed About Co-Op Forever....

Do you guys remember how I used to think co-op *cough* sizucked *cough*? Well, just this weekend a friend of mine came over. He brought over his GBA Doom, we DM-ed at first, but that got boring after a while. I then decided, "Hey, you wanna try co-op?" He said, "Sure." Man, if it wasn't for the lack of lighting (we were playing at 1:00 in the morning), I would've enjoyed it more.

Afterwards we decided to try it on the computers in the house. Since we don't have a network, but rather 2 phone lines, we had to connect via modem. Aside from that, we had tons of fun! We played through all of KNITD and up to E2M4 (the computers froze, no surprise).

Still, the experience was almost pure ecstasy! I have never had so much fun in MP in my whole life! It was like discovering a newfound purpose in life! As the title of this thread says, my mind has been changed about Co-op forver!

2 big hulking space marines, all oiled up for battle...walking around a level...holding hands....eeewww

Yeah you're right fod, coop feels kind of gay... still I like it. uhm..
:-D

Co-op does indeed rule. What's better is teamplay. You have some kind of team cooperation AND you get to kick the shit out of your enemies.

Originally posted by Crendowing
[B]Do you guys remember how I used to think co-op *cough* sizucked *cough*?

why did you think COOP sucked?

Co-op is definately the best. Unfortunately, my shitty modem can't handle the fun coop games like AV and HR.

Some wads are okay for Coop on Nightmare, mainly the ones that aren't exceedingly difficult to begin with and have key doors that stay open, and are somewhat linear.

Coop (except for teamplay) is challenging enough for me on Ultra-Violence and the -fast option.

Bytheway, I 'the fuck' am Scorpion. ;)

I remember flaming a certain scorpion a long time ago...would that happen to be you?

To this forum, I am a newbie. I saw what you posted and replied with the 1st thing that popped in my mind.

Archvile64, if you were named that back in the days, then I can't say I remember you...

It might've been on my old name, Archvile46, which was registered in Dec. 2000. There was a guy named scorpion who everyone fought with until he was banned sometime last year.

I've always enjoyed co-op much more than deathmatch (pretty much the main reason why I hate Quake 3), it's much more enjoyable blasting the crap out of hordes of monsters with a friend, rather than fighting against your friend and getting pissed off when you lose (which is usually the case with me :P).

Originally posted by SlayeR
...rather than fighting against your friend and getting pissed off when you lose (which is usually the case with me :P).

And me too ;)

Great Co-op wads (on UV):

Alien Vendetta
Final Doom (TNT and Plutonia)
Memento Mori 1 & 2

Theres much more I'm sure, but these are the ones I most often play...

Greatest co-op level ever (as voted by Ralphis, Skippy, ShotDown and myself): UDM2 map31

Originally posted by SlayeR
Great Co-op wads (on UV):

Alien Vendetta
Final Doom (TNT and Plutonia)
Memento Mori 1 & 2

Unfortunately, I don't think the only friend I ever play DOOM with has any of those WADs.

Nope, archvile64, can't say that was me. But then again, lots of people used to play under a name like scorpion, scorp, scorpie or whatever. I like to try my best NOT to be banned somewhere, usually it works...

I tried NJZD2001.WAD in coop once. Unfortunately my friend's computer crashed shortly after that, but it's a nice wad to play coop (look for eNJay's ZDOOM wads, this one's for ZDooM 1.23) !

Originally posted by Crendowing
Unfortunately, I don't think the only friend I ever play DOOM with has any of those WADs.

ZDAEMON

Although, there are no good coop games on ZDaemon anymore :(

Originally posted by Archvile64
ZDAEMON

Although, there are no good coop games on ZDaemon anymore :(

Is Zdaemon still being "developed"?

Originally posted by Maonth

Is Zdaemon still being "developed"?

Probably, I dunno. Don't ask me, Nightfang is probably the one to ask.

How badly does co-op on the GBA chug? Does the framerate suffer? Just wondering before I commit to buying a second copy...