Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. T

Marijuana Decriminalized in Cali

Think you'll still be able to afford it after the government steps in to regulate it?

bytor said:

Think you'll still be able to afford it after the government steps in to regulate it?

The fuck you talkin' about? I can still grow it. I can still buy black market seeds. I just don't have the fear of getting thrown in jail for possession.

Though, yes, I'm sure the government will try and regulate growing and selling.

Technician said:

I can still grow it. I can still buy black market seeds.
Though, yes, I'm sure the government will try and regulate growing and selling.

aw put the damn bong down and think it through.

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2010/oct/01/california_governor_signs_mariju

Currently, small-time pot possession is "semi-decriminalized" in California. There is no possible jail sentence and a maximum $100 fine. But because possession is a misdemeanor, people caught with pot are "arrested," even if that means only they are served a notice to appear, and they must appear before a court.

It's not much but it's a start.

bytor said:

aw put the damn bong down and think it through.

I can assume you're talking about the inevitable tax to follow. Shouldn't be a problem, yet. But yeah, they will control growing and selling fo-sho.

...altered and restricted THC levels, fines, fees, restrictions, licensing to grow, transport, and sell, high "sin" tax...

Those South American druglords may even be put on government payroll to control how they are growing their crops and how much they are producing (if they aren't already).

I doubt there are many South American drug lords growing dope, of all things. lol

Anyway, having it legal to make to make the govt some money is a better idea than the war on drugs. I doubt the private prison industry or DEA will be happy though, bahahahahahahahahaha

Mr. T said:

I doubt there are many South American drug lords growing dope, of all things. lol

Yeah, South America doesn't grow dope. They smuggle it in from the Middle East.

Mr. T said:

Don't kid yourself if you think hippie potheads grow any significant amount of it.

Why would some guy in Colombia waste his time growing fields of w33d when he could produce some coke and get some REAL money?!

exp(x) said:

Don't kid yourself if you think hippie potheads grow any significant amount of it.

Even then, where I used to live large-scale growing operations (esp outdoor) were killed off by the police getting helicopters, and the fact that they were being significantly undersold by smalltime neighborhood dealers growing in their house using hydroponics.

While a few large scale growing operations still existed most gangs and the like are currently selling meth, again cuz that's where the money is!!!

Also because a lot of the guys making meth r fucking tweekers themselves, retards.

It's been pretty much decriminalized for a while there.

"Hey doc, my foots killing me."
"Well, let me write you a prescription..."
"Sounds good... On the other hand, I'm more interested in a natural way to deal with the pain."
"Here's your voucher. Go get some pot."

Based on several true stories of family and friends in the state. If they don't have a prescription, they probably know someone who does...

this move by califonia sounds like a typical "you have no chance to survive make your time" to me ( thinking of that this problem must have grown so big that they let it legal to minimize the growth ), its cleaver to make something legal so it loses all its attention and interests :)
it could also work as a dump pit were all the drugsters goes to remain, cleans up the rest of the country, and its legal for everyone :)

smart move ^^

what is it with weed? It fucks you up bad. Also if you drive while high you can kill someone. You cant edit doom while high and I hope you know the DEA is watching.

deathbringer said:

California: Holland with hills! (nb: but not gay marriage).

they still fine you for possession of even small amounts of weed. i don't know if there's a single eu country with more draconic regulations.

also idk about importing weed from some far away countries when there's plenty of it from local small time hydroponic farms - at least here in middle europe.

Frankdude said:

...and I hope you know the DEA is watching.

Both the DEA and the Dept. of Justice have said that they frankly don't give a shit what California does in regards to marijuana. And in general the DEA has stayed out of Cali marijuana issues unless invited for a long, long time now.

Frankdude said:

what is it with weed? It fucks you up bad. Also if you drive while high you can kill someone. You cant edit doom while high and I hope you know the DEA is watching.

I made Nightmares of Loki 1999 while stoned. He's right lol

I hate pot. I haven't touched it since 2003

I wouldn't drive after smoking, but playing doom coop/single and/or mapping/testing after smoking were some of the best times I've ever had! (but I don't smoke anymore)

Frankdude said:

Also if you drive while high you can kill someone.

Then don't drive while high? Alcohol is legal and the effects are much worse.

Frankdude said:

what is it with weed? It fucks you up bad.

Alcohol can do more bodily harm then weed.

Also if you drive while high you can kill someone.

Yeah. Why is there a law to prevent driving under intoxication? Weed can fall under every drinking law.

You cant edit doom while high

I don't see why you couldn't. I've recorded people playing an instrument while high and that takes lots more dexterity. But if you can't practice your hobbies while high, well then, wait till you're sober.

and I hope you know the DEA is watching.

They're watching you right now.

Frankdude said:

I know you might be trolling, but I still might point out that this is a complete load of shit. Marijuana as a drug is exponentially safer to use than both alcohol and cigarettes, a fact that is objectively proven with tons of research and paperwork.

To put your point in perspective, I went through a period of my life where I smoked weed several times a day, every day, and drived. I never once in that period was involved in an accident or got a ticket.

I haven't just editted Doom while stoned, but programmed useable software in assembly language. I'm sure you are incapable of that even at your peak of mental fitness.

And what do you mean the DEA is watching? They are reading our forum posts talking about drugs?

Technician said:

I've recorded people playing an instrument while high and that takes lots more dexterity.

I'd say the vast majority of successful and popular musicians perform while under the effects of drugs pretty much... always?

Take the Beatles for instance. Totally straight edge band.

In my experience, playing instruments while stoned is probably one of the most enjoyable things you can do after smoking a J. Your ability to improvise is considerably improved; though you are correct about it requiring more dexterity.

In comparison to playing an instrument while sober, writing music while stoned is much simpler. Ideas come to you out of the blue. The only problem is nailing it down and being able to play your idea without fucking up. When sober, good ideas don't trickle down quite so fast or with as much depth, but nailing something takes considerably less practice than it does while stoned.

So if you want to write new music, smoke a J, then when you are sober you can practice.

Quite a lot of successful musicians follow this method, which has earnt them millions of dollars. This is an excellent example of the ruinous effects of drug use and the catastrophic consequences involved.

I might mention here that it gets very boring pointing out the facts about drug use to brainwashed Christians and other pussies who probably have not even seen a joint before.

My principle has always been that if someone has not used a drug before, then their opinion on that particular drug is completely moot and should be ignored. In this regard, I don't put myself at liberty to offer opinions on heroin.

That being said, people who have never used any drugs at all should be completely discluded from any legitimate conversation regarding drugs, which this forum thread is not.

So please, everyone tell me what they know about drug use based on their extensive experience.

Thank you.

Actually, editing Doom levels while stoned sounds like an interesting idea. Just make sure not to get addicted (coming from a guy who, heh, hasn't even seen a joint before :P).

Pot by itself is not addictive. But if you figure yourself a person that is prone to get addicted to whatever you enjoy, be it food, candy or whatever. Then you probably should think twice before trying pot.

Personally, I smoked pot and hash regularly for a few years. But I never felt that I needed it whenever I stopped or whatever. Though I didn't even get addicted to the cigarettes we cut it with. While one of my friends did pick up smoking after a few months of smoking pot. (The one person in our company aside from me that didn't already smoke cigarettes before.)

kristus said:

Pot by itself is not addictive. But if you figure yourself a person that is prone to get addicted to whatever you enjoy, be it food, candy or whatever. Then you probably should think twice before trying pot.

So it is all a huge mass of misinformation (that it's dangerous)? Sadly, I think it will remain taboo for a very long time.