Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vominus

No Remorse

Today I was listening to Kill 'Em All by Metallica and I noticed something very interesting. In the song No Remorse (track 8) there is a riff that is almost exactly the main theme from E1M1. I know Bobby Prince was influenced by some heavy metal bands so I'm sure it's no coincidence, infact I think it's pretty damn cool.

If you have access to the song you can find the riff at 1:33, 2:33, and 4:25.

Just do a search on Morpheus or WinMX or whatever file sharing program you happen to use and I'm sure it will pop up. Get the album version as that's the one that corresponds with the times I gave.

yea i knew about it, you can here it in a few other metallica songs. also doom has taken some part from other songs by other bands

E3M3 is a Slayer song called Behind The Crooked Cross, and Monster Condo from Doom 2 is Pantera's This Love.

<timeline.png> =]
common, keep going, there's plenty more songs bobby ripped off that you can name here!

official list of doom songs made by other bands

E1m1 - Master Of Puppets, No Remorse (Metallica)

E3m3 - Behind The Crooked Cross (Slayer)

Map10 - After All The Dead (Black Sabbath)

MAp18 - This Love (Pantera)

Map23 - Dem Bones (Alice in Chains)

Macvile and I found another one by Pantera in Ultimate Doom, but we cant remember song name/map name

Macvile and I found another one by Pantera in Ultimate Doom, but we cant remember song name/map name

Mouth For War, I believe (on E3M1 and E2M9).

Sigh...another one of these topics.

Might as well mention Alice In Chains now.

And once again, someone posts what I intended to say between the time I press "reply to topic" and the time I hit the submit button.

Originally posted by Vominus
Today I was listening to Kill 'Em All by Metallica and I noticed something very interesting. In the song No Remorse (track 8) there is a riff that is almost exactly the main theme from E1M1. I know Bobby Prince was influenced by some heavy metal bands so I'm sure it's no coincidence, infact I think it's pretty damn cool.

If you have access to the song you can find the riff at 1:33, 2:33, and 4:25.

Just do a search on Morpheus or WinMX or whatever file sharing program you happen to use and I'm sure it will pop up. Get the album version as that's the one that corresponds with the times I gave.

oh no. Not again.

E1M1 is Slayer: Behind the crooked cross. (at the end of the song)

jesus christ I can't believe this, how can you all forget about Mouth of war e3m1?