Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

Bands where if you could change one thing they'd be perfect

I really always wanted to give Crucial Unit a chance but the vocalist is a whiny piece of shit and sounds like an old lady.

I'd like Solution .45 more if the clean vocals didn't sound so much like Trapt. Otherwise they're pretty decent. I don't know about "perfect," since they're not Opeth.

Sargent Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band should have been a double album with the songs from Magical Mystery Tour and Yellow Submarine on it (they were all outtakes from Sargent Pepper anyway).

I've personally never been a fan of Nightwish's male vocalist's voice. Other than that they pretty solidly kick ass.

Insane Clown Possy

If they had never existed they'd be perfect.

Craigs said:

Insane Clown Possy

Heh, don't they deserve a mention in that "worst music you have heard" thread?

If Dark Tranquillity wiped the existence of their Metallica cover from history, they'd be perfect in my opinion.

Pete Doherty wasted some of the best British songwriting during crack blitz recording sessions with Babyshambles. I hope one day he re-records some of those tunes to do them the justice they deserve.

Probably gonna get shit for this but...

Slayer. Their vocal content is just so... incredibly stale, dull, and boring, but my god their music is amazing. I wish they released every album with two versions--one with and one without vocals, because I think I'd buy every one of the latter.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Pyramaze. I really wish they'd stuck with a style like Legend of the Bone Carver, but with Matt Barlow's voice. That would be stunning.

Legend of the Bone Carver stuff:

Unfortunately, their newest album - Immortal - is alot more basic and just lacks something that was in Legend of the Bone Carver.

See:

Sons of Liberty? Isn't that a side project?

Also, I hated The Glorious Burden speaking of Iced Earth. I totally could have done without that album. I want to say it was Tim Owens, but I kind of like his solo stuff; I really think TGB just sucked on its own (Even though honestly I don't think it's Iced Earth without Barlow). I haven't even heard the subsequent albums I've been so pissed.

Nomad said:

I'd like Solution .45 more if the clean vocals didn't sound so much like Trapt.

Solution: Scar Symmetry from Symmetric in Design through Holographic Universe.

In Flames, if Anders Fridén had less than a half-pint of phlegm in his throat.

Their melodic death metal sound is stellar, but gets ruined by his totally unmelodic screaming. :/

In fact, vocals suck, generally.

In fact, vocals suck, generally.

Right on. I might listen more to modern non-video game music if bands stopped crapping all over their great melodies with terrible vocals.

Also, I really don't care for the whole "look at me I'm so hardcore because I picked a thesaurus, looked up the pain/death/blood/angst/dark/soul lexical fields and threw random words together" school of lyric making. It always ends up being a mess that's embarrassing to hear (or to be seen hearing such stuff). People over twelve years old like to listen to music too.

Phml said:

Right on. I might listen more to modern non-video game music if bands stopped crapping all over their great melodies with terrible vocals.

you'd get a heart attack from A Silver Mt. Zion :)

I would've really liked The Smiths if they had a singer other than Morrissey. Some of their music is really pretty nice but then he starts wailing over the top of it and totally kills it...

Oh, and most 90's metal if they also got slightly more individual singers with their own style rather than the generic psudeo operatic scream thang that was big then... :)

magicsofa said:

close-minded

Stop.

Anyway, though Death is a brilliant band as it is, I've always been curious to hear what the later songs would sound like if Chuck had used his original growl throughout the band's entire career.

One thing that would really be nice though is if Fastkill's vocalist didn't sound like nails on a fucking chalkboard. The thrash is really over-the-top and great but the vocals ultimately ruin the band for me - something that happens very rarely anymore in my eyes. If he would just yell like a normal person it would be perfect.

Cursed would be awesome if they hadn't broken up.

Trap Them would also be awesome if they would go on tour once in a while.

I would absolutely love Dream Theater if they kept just a -little- bit more of their first album's style in their later songs. The vocalist should do more classic/progressive rock rather than prog metal, since he's got a perfect voice for it.

Speaking of Dream Theater.....
If they dropped the direct-digital guitar mastering, they'd be perfect.