Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeathevokatioN

Asshole Mario !!!

This is a fan-made Mario game that some guy made to challenge his friend to play. Incredibly difficult! And watching the friend play it is godlike! I can't help but laugh at how dick this level set up. I'd end up punching babies if I made a serious attempt at this game.

There are a total of 12 or so levels in this episode, I've only watched this one, gonna carry on watching now. :)

Asshole Mario Stage 1 -

I wasn't allowed to have a SNES (or any other console) as a kid, so the regular game is already way too hard for me. This is just mental.

lupinx-Kassman said:

Dickishness aside, if that is your friend playing he isn't too bad.

Nah it's the designer's friend that's playing... I think. It says something about a friend in the text haha. But agreed that he's playing pretty well.

Thinking about it now... an insanely dick set of levels is just what Mario needs.

Here's level 2. The level design and layout is actually really awesome here!

Anyone here actually thinking of trying this out?

DeathevokatioN said:

Asshole Mario Stage 1

That stage is named Akihabara in the map screen.

Just sayin'.

Uhh... I really don't mean to be a dick, but you're kind of late to the party. Kaizo Mario (what you call Asshole Mario) has been an internet sensation for a few years now and has inspired a sea of similar romhacks.

Also, the original video of the developer's friend playing is actually a TAS (Tool-Assisted Speedrun). He died much, much more than what you see there.

^

Yeah, I'm aware I'm a little late. But that doesn't mean you can't discuss a game a few years after it's been released. We still discuss DooM, Daikatona (don't think I spelt it right), Half Life. :)

Jodwin said:

That stage is named Akihabara in the map screen.

Just sayin'.

I'm not sure though, if it's hacked it might be like a fan made DooM 2 mapset where Map01 would still be called "Entryway", even though that's not the intended name for the author.

DeathevokatioN said:

^

Yeah, I'm aware I'm a little late. But that doesn't mean you can't discuss a game a few years after it's been released. We still discuss DooM, Daikatona (don't think I spelt it right), Half Life. :)

People discuss Daikatana? I thought everyone just wanted to forget all about it. :P

but yeah, you're right.

boris said:

Kaizo Mario with commentary while playing are even more fun to watch.

Now you got me watching Proton Jon's commentary of the hack again. :P

I've always disliked Kaizo Mario, but meh... it's not even the first of its kind, but it's definitely the first to reach some kind of insane popularity.

Solarn said:

Also, the original video of the developer's friend playing is actually a TAS (Tool-Assisted Speedrun). He died much, much more than what you see there.

Bleep-bleep this is captain obvious calling.

Ugh maybe you should look into the "real" smw hacks. :S
I have never been that fond of these ultra hard smw hacks.

Are there any Mario ROM hacks that aren't dickishly hard?

As for the original video, I'm too used to watching speedruns so I'm not remotely impressed by the player's ability. Honestly, I think my first attempts would look a lot better. [/famous last words]

Yes, there are, many of them.

(I had mostly stopped following the SMW hacking scene long before Kaizo was released, though >_>)

This makes me laugh really hard, just imagining an ill-tempered gamer trying this.

Radon said:

This makes me laugh really hard, just imagining an ill-tempered gamer trying this.

This might suffice, but I don't know if the commentator was the player.

Also: