Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Csonicgo

The 3rd annual Doomworld Halloween Thread!!

On Halloween, What Will YOUUUU Do?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. On Halloween, What Will YOUUUU Do?

• Participate in a halloween-themed event
    • Watch spooky movies
    • Nookie 8)
    • Give out candy to kids
    • General mischief because you never grew up (EGGS WOOO)
    • ALL OF THE ABOVE
    • Halloween every day here!
    • I will work because my boss sucks!
    • Nothing, For I am Batman everyday
    • This is the \"Other\" Option, explain in post

You thought I'd forget, mofos?

Yes, Halloween is this month! and That means it's time to scare the shit out of little kids, and eat candy, or have kinky sex magick rituals! (Please don't, save it for Christmas this time.)

We got the classic poll as every year, with even new options for you crazy people. I thought I'd kill off the ones that no one really answered (as last time), so I could get a better result.

But who cares about that! Halloween is a time for scares! Thrills! Ridiculous corn mazes! Horrible metal concerts! A good use of your hockey mask and chainsaw! And now, sadly, retarded sparkle fairies! (Punch them in the FACE!)

Like always, to get you into the spirit, here's some awesomeness:

i-mockery.com always has some awesome, interesting Halloween stuff to check out. you can spend hours there! This year's insanity includes hostess Green Lantern Glo-Balls, which... well, you take a look.

http://www.halloween.com/ is always there. This is pretty much one of the oldest sites halloween-related on the internet. Awesome all the way.

Buying costumes always feels lame to me. Ever since some friends of mine got into cosplay, their hand-made costumes slaughter anything bought in a plastic bag. Hell, one of my friends is going to a costume party as Neytiri from Avatar (sadly, not as naked!)

So, are any of you guys doing anything awesome for Halloween? Or are you going to turn your lights out like an asshole? I will probably be handing out candy to the little kids, as I always do, and see what costumes they wear. Costumes are a really good way of seeing what's "in" in the young world, but recently I've been seeing more adult-themed costumes for kids. Don't make me feel like a pedo giving out candy!

So throw some stuff at me! Post some images! Youtube vids! Recommend some movies, candy, costumes, night life ideas! And please, check the poll out, bastard.

Always looking for Halloween Themed WADs too! And no not GvH I will kill you don't even bring that up I hate you bye.

Nookie?

I would give out candy to kids, but usually no kids come to my house... weird.

I actually intend to watch the 1st Exorcist movie on Halloween night, woot.

Work at a haunted house, watch horror movies from 10PM to 3AM, and wander around town with friends at night.

I might be going to a party. If so, I'll be going as Trent Lane while my friend Marissa will be Daria, and friend Ezzy will be Jane Lane.

Being Lamey McLamerson wasn't one of the options. I'll just play video games all night (Resident Evil, Alone in the Dark 1, and Doom) and read the Snopes website.

I'm actually attending 2 different Halloween parties this year, with the same group of friends. The first one will be the one where we do all our crafty stuff like carve pumpkins and decorate cookies (I have a weird group of friends). Expect me to make my Cacolantern 2.0. The second one will be the one where we get drunk and play Halloween-flavored games. Zombies!, Arkham Horror, and Call of Cthulhu imminent.

I might actually buy a new costume this year. I've been using the same wizard costume the last few years. I'm thinking a pirate this time. I'm a bit jealous of my friends who are either skilled seamstresses or their wives/girlfriends are, thus I usually have the crappiest costume there. :/

Oh, and

If I had the time or resources, I'd like to design a costume and introduce the children of Missouri to the concept of Krampus... I'd do it at the proper time, Christmas, but then I'd probably get arrested. Funny how that works.

Instead, boozing it up is imminent.

Pillowfighting, probably. I never quite understand how it always comes to that, but it does.

I'm going to be giving out apples filled with razors [...] Better than muffins filled with come.

Work probably. But also movies and alcohol later.

Halloween's practically a non-event down here (despite the best efforts of local retailers who are selflessly trying to raise community awareness) so I'll most likely forget about it and do something totally inappropriate.

In Slovenia we do not celebrate Halloween, though it is gaining popularity, mostly due to supermarkets, television and internet. Quite many Halloween parties are organized each year, but most people do not wear costumes (that is already covered by Carnival). Pumpkin carving does have a tradition on farms, but until now it was not associated with Halloween, it was just something children used to do during the harvest season.

Some years ago Halloween started overshadowing the Reformation Day. Most of you may know it as a religious holiday, but in Slovenia it has a more important message. In 1550 Primož Trubar wrote and published the first two Slovene printed books Abecednik and Katekizem. With them he set a standard for the Slovene literary language, so it is an important holiday for a nation whose language is spoken by an estimated 2.4 million people worldwide.

So, what will I do on Halloween? I don't know, I just don't plan so far ahead.

Halloween is such an American cultural thing. The only people who recognise the calendar date in Britain that I know of are little kids, and in decreasing numbers year by year.

Definitely going to participate in a Halloween themed event of some sort, whether that be the Halloween Party at my friends house the week of or heading out to either downtown or Coconut Grove. Last year I went out to the Grove for Halloween as a treat by my friends, since at midnight it becomes Nov. 1, my b-day, so we went to 3 different clubs dressed up in costume and I never paid for a single drink. I don't know what exactly I'll do this year, but I've definitely got some options :D

EDIT: Maybe I'll blast this from my dorm room on the aforementioned evening

EDIT 2:

Craigs said:

I'm going to be giving out apples filled with razors.

Don't suppose you've been playing this now have you?

I might watch some more horror related movies and play more horror related games than usual, but that's about it.
Or maybe I'll be a stereotypical uni student and hit the booze for once. Probably not.

Not doing anything. Going to the Rally to Restore Sanity the day before, although I think some of the Keep Fear Alive crowd will be in costumes.

DuckReconMajor said:

trying to scare kids away from the candy bowl so I can eat it all myself

I think it may be time for you to admit you may have a problem.