Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
derp

Where could I find the Master Levels for Doom 2 download?

Some of those WADs look cool and I feel deprived. I've never played them before.

What's wrong with buying it? It's only $9.99? And the good thing is that some of the money goes back to ID for the great game they made.

(I know technically they didn't make Master Levels, but still)

DeathevokatioN said:

What's wrong with buying it?

Those levels aren't worth 10 bucks in my opinion. Of course that still makes it illegal to offer them for free download so bad luck.

Graf Zahl said:

Those levels aren't worth 10 bucks in my opinion. Of course that still makes it illegal to offer them for free download so bad luck.

Not really, no. Still, I don't regret acquiring them along with a ton of other ID games on a decent steam sale.

I agree that most of the levels aren't really worth $10 but from a historical point of view it's probably worth it. It's also a nice way to show Id that the classic stuff is still of value. Apart from that, the amount of pleasure I have gleaned from Doom and it's WAD's, mods, TC's and other media is worth waaaaay more than the spending the odd $10 every once in a while... To say "I want this but I don't want to pay" is just a little stingy IMHO. Just pay the tenner ya tight git!

I got the id superpack on Steam during one of their bargain sales. It included the master levels. I wouldn't have bothered buying them specifically otherwise.

It's worth it if you get the bundle that comes with other games as well... in all honesty I would pay $10 for those wads standalone though. But different people have different tastes I guess.

It's not so much the levels that you are paying $9.99 for, it's for the authors of the maps. The "masters" of Doom so to speak, who will likely never make Doom maps for Doomers again.

If you're not interested in buying The Master Levels then this thread was a bad idea from the very start.