Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aleksej

QUASI-RARE Cyberdemon prototype miniature on ebay. Possible bidders here, BEWARE!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/cyber-demon-doom-miniature-/280570151148?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415348c0ec

Recently i receive answer from seller about real picture of. As we can see for this auction he use famous picture from doom wiki, not real.
http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Reaper_Miniatures

Actually he sells trivial common Cyberdemon miniature.

Maybe there is no any malice from seller. Probably no knowledge of the subject.

Its a shame, no one ask him about it.
When i see that prototype last time on ebay it was went for ~1700$.

That's what he answered me:

not a good one sorry taken with my phone just now thats all I have at the moment to use. Hope its good enough. Have a good day!

I saw this and thought it was fishy. I figured it couldn't be the the super rare prototype run.. The chances of someone having this and having no idea what its really worth are slim to none. I believe the original owners of these were mostly id developers. I think the person that won this action is going to have an unpleasant surprise..

aleksej said:

When i see that prototype last time on ebay it was went for ~1700$.

Be careful with prives like this. I think, that this price wasn't for real, just pushed. I know of one guy, who tried to sell id Software related stuff for insane prices, and he had a friend, who helped him at least with confirming, that his prices are for real in various message board. And this ursurper was the one, who sold this prototype.

no feedback or nothing either! the bidders must have figured it was worth the risk, or have that much spare cash laying around.. The last time i bid on a newly registered user, he was no longer registered within days of the sale, and i never got the item! luckily it wasnt something that was a high bid really, at least not like this! Ebay wouldnt do anything about it either..

I tend to be wary of items that are listed with stock images only, though admittedly (when searching for cyberdemon images) the pewter prototype shows up first and more often than the production model.

Wow. Just wow. Surely nobody's going to drop $3000 on them? I've seen them come up once in a while and they usually go for around $100 mark each. That would still be half the price of what they're asking... and he can't even confirm if some are still unopened!

Nah. I don't think I'd risk buying from someone who's happy to take $2000 of my hard earned cash but can't be bothered to check the packaging of the very thing they're selling...

That's how the cyberdemon came. I used to have like 3 of them, and I had to glue their heads on. Quite a few of the monsters came in several pieces and had to be assembled.