Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foodles

Problem with DB2 testing

Recently a problem has occurred when I try to test my wad in DB2, Im not sure what caused it or how to make it go away.
When I test my Wad it seems to run fine, but if I die and/or load/restart then the screen goes from this

to this:

I guess I should mention that when I'm playing WADs outside of DB2 on the same version of ZDOOM then this problem does not occur.

My crystal ball is a bit cloudy, however, with the data given, I would speculate that you have a graphics card - driver problem.

Maybe you could be a bit more specific and post your system specs, especially the graphics specs.

Kappes Buur said:

My crystal ball is a bit cloudy, however, with the data given, I would speculate that you have a graphics card - driver problem.

Maybe you could be a bit more specific and post your system specs, especially the graphics specs.

surely if this were the case then this sort of thing would happen to me outside of doombuilder 2,

I tried setting down the video mode from 1024*728 and while this does make the problem go away if I load or restart again then it comes right back.

In any case my graphics card is a 1535 MB NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS Turbocache

This looks like it may be the same issue as this.

I'll admit I have no idea how bad nodes can trigger palette glitches.

I confess that I know hardly anything about nodebuilders, I'm not even sure what they do, any idea how this can be fixed then, or how I can change my nodebuilder?

Foodles said:

surely if this were the case then this sort of thing would happen to me outside of doombuilder 2,

Not necessarily.
DB2 is used by mappers with a large variety of graphics cards, so one would think, if it were a problem with DB2 then this problem would manifest itself more frequently.

If your problem is not driver/graphic card related, then it would be possible that some other component in your laptop is the cause, such as corrupt memory, some motherboard interaction, etc.

As to nodebuilder, ZDBSP is a good choice, or if you use ZDOOM, then don't build the nodes and have ZDOOM do it for you on startup.

This problem is now fixed, It seemed to work ok after I went onto display options and turned off the following:

Direct Draw Pallete Hack
Use Attached Surfaces

not sure how it worked but im not gonna worry too much about it.