Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

My first speedruns

I can't make good speedruns like tatsurdcacocaco, or Sindrom11, but two times I tried it. The recording was amateur, I know, but...

what de you think?

(and I know: I must use PrBoom+, because there's better for making speedruns, but under PrBoom I couldn't record)

Now I'm not a great speedrunner either, but Here's a demo I just recorded of the same map 03 of invasio2.wad that you just did. Your demo isn't bad, but you need to strafe-run those long straight areas more. Watch my demo, I cut off 3 seconds just by cutting more corners and strafe-running a little more. The other one is pretty good though.

EDIT: Also, see if there are any long, straight walls you can utilize wall runs on. Doing that can cut off many seconds off your demos. One last thing is that you shouldn't stop to kill so many monsters. That eats up a lot of time.

inv23114.zip

Thank you the tips and the demo :)
my demo wasn't good, because I didn't practice, jut tried to record, but I failed several times (about twenty), and I pissed off myself

You can make YouTube videos if you want, it could add some viewers beyond us regular demo fans, but posting a demo is much quicker and easier (making the demo is usually a step before making the movie anyway.) Demos also let us examine your play more immediately and closely than a movie, don't take much space and can be downloaded in an instant.

Couple problems I see is. Your using freelook, majority of people dont like it when people use freelook and jumping etc as it's not strict enough to the old doom style. If you play with just keyboard look, no crosshair that'll actually help you in the long run. Also one thing about making speedruns is have the perfect set up for learning and improving. For example get a good set up for some smooth sr-50ing and practice till you've perfected it. If your gunna make movies on youtube of your speedrunning you'll HAVE to demo beforehand if your not already.