Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

Doom Desktop Wallpaper. Awesome 2D pics...

Haha, I like the sea of imp trites and the one with tech pillars and stimpacks on orange.

Are these supposed to be autostereograms? The pattern on some sure does look like it.

No, though that would be cool. Can see how you might have thought that.

They were all done with maps rebuilt using a bugged out version of ZDBSP, so that all the things on a level were there, but all the linedefs were kind of not there.

I have a desktop background of the entirety of Doom's source code printed over a smokey colored concrete wall as my background. I think it's kinda tough to best that.

Mr. Freeze said:

But do they tile?

Nope, but that's part of their charm - you'll be the proud possessor of a desktop that looks like a geocities website.

40oz said:

I have a desktop background of the entirety of Doom's source code printed over a smokey colored concrete wall as my background. I think it's kinda tough to best that.

Feel free to share - sounds cool.

40oz said:

Can you share?

These are some screenies I took while screwing around with some simple maps I made a while ago for the purpose of fucking around. I'm not sure how interesting any of them are but they're kind of weird. (The third one is not a direct screenshot, hence the double pistol thing)

40oz said:

As Opera renders that link you gave, it isn't whole. Either you're not giving away the whole screenshots, Opera does it wrong, or someone else may try to best that by printing the WHOLE code on a tablet :P

On my PC both Opera and SeaMonkey are downloading that backdrop as a 1920x1200 .png - what are you getting?

printz said:

As Opera renders that link you gave, it isn't whole. Either you're not giving away the whole screenshots, Opera does it wrong, or someone else may try to best that by printing the WHOLE code on a tablet :P

GreyGhost said:

On my PC both Opera and SeaMonkey are downloading that backdrop as a 1920x1200 .png - what are you getting?

Sorry but that is all there is to it.

Source: http://okaria.deviantart.com/art/G-PlayerReborn-71292305?q=sort%3Atime+favby%3ARaiak&qo=1

GreyGhost said:

Actually the same thing. But I was looking to be sure about it.

these look dumber than those that some loser posted on skulltag.

i hope i don't get banned for opinions here

Yeah, I do not think sane people could bear any of those images as backgrounds for long...

I do use something that we could call DOOM related as my desktop background: color R255/G159/B67, which is that lone orange color (index 248) near the end of the DOOM palette.

I chose orange because dark colors, like black that I had tried before, really are depressing, and most brighter colors glare annoyingly... but this orange has a nice neutral yet energetic touch that is both soothing and livening. This probably explains why the sky from Thy Flesh Consumed is relatively popular and well-liked.

And maybe that's also why people like to browse Post Hell instead of staying in the normal sections of the forums :p
(Its yellow/red mix isn't orange but provides the same excitement, although leaning more toward being too pronounced due to the more saturated colors.)