Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fuzzball

Bite sized Mapping!

(Pasted from Zdoom)
I am proposing at 4am a series of random map ideas.
Short and sweet pick-me-up maps for anyone to try out!

Day 1:
A wood and dirt/stone based map with dark places for Imps to hide.

-

Day 2:
After saving Earth from the terrors of hell you should get a reward right? WRONG.
The UAC have dumped you in an undersea acid mine...the most dangerous around. It's damp, rusty and there are pools of deadly toxic goo everywhere!

One night you wake to screaming and gunfire. You grab your trusty firearm as the smell of burning flesh enters your nostrils.
The Bruiser brothers are back and this time they've bought company!

--

If you wanna map go for it! This isn't a project, nor a request for help~
Random bursts of creativity can help the mind!

These are the last couple of days, any can be done and there are no limits to source port, resources, anything~

Craigs said:

wat.

Hey it's Doom~ Anyway it's a secret place, who knows what it could really be...another secret gate lab disguised perhaps?

Day 3: After escaping the secret underwater acid mine that is actually a demon gateway but we don't know that because it's a secret the doom marine is relocated to a space station that harvests fried chicken from the sun but not so fast! The sun is actually an icon of sin! Doom Marine needs to kill the sun.

UAC Ultra 2 plot revealed. Project is cancelled. Sorry.

40oz said:

UAC Ultra 2 plot revealed. Project is cancelled. Sorry.

Why was I just thinking that a secret undersea something sounded like it could be a plot for UAC Ultra 2? :P Bizarre.

Craigs said:

The sun is actually an icon of sin!

OK, that has a HUGE potential (no pun intended).

Day 4: Doom marine comes home after a hard day of killing the sun to find his wife in bed with another man, but it isn't a man at all but rather a cyberdemon. Doom marine needs to file for divorce while killing the cyberdemon.

Day 5: Doom marine now homeless because the wife took the house, wanders around a ruined city filled with blood and demons. Doom marine goes to a WalMart and argues with the cashier about the price of clothing. The smell of falling prices fills his nostrils. Doom marine must kill the cashier and some imps.

When I saw the title I expected a contest where we try to design a playable map that's as small as possible.

I was disappointed to say the least.

Marnetmar said:

When I saw the title I expected a contest where we try to design a playable map that's as small as possible.

Do it anyway. That could turn out to be an interesting endeavor -- why stop at 1024? :P

also, eagerly awaiting acidmine.wad

Xaser said:

Do it anyway. That could turn out to be an interesting endeavor -- why stop at 1024? :P

also, eagerly awaiting acidmine.wad

Hmm...maybe I'll make a thread...

There's nothing wrong with this idea, I'd try myself if I could be less lazy about attempting mapping. And mappers might be much more confident to do a little map if they knew there was no long-term major project to worry about.

Regarding that Day 1 idea, since map04's lightswitch room, I have rarely seen the effect of imps coming at me from pitch black shadows. I have often wished more maps had that effect (aside from the common completely-dark maps and areas)

FuzzballFox said:

Why did I bother..

You tell us.