Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
iHaveToPee

Map info?

Hey,
I saw in a few threads that in order to change things such as map name I can do it with mapinfo, however I have no idea where to find it.
Can anyone explain me how do I get to the mapinfo thing and what is the second way to change things as map name.
Which way is easier?

Use SLumpEd instead. All you need to do is open your wad, create a new lump called MAPINFO, and put the information you wish in there.

Well I downloaded stumped and made the mapinfo lump but I have no idea what or how do I have to write the information.
Can you give me an example of a mapinfo lump?

Well only two months passed since I started "building" maps cuz i'm still learning things but I guess that I should know how to change the mapinfo.

Read this.
Then use stumped :)

You can also look in existing wads for examples of mapinfo lumps.
For example Plutonia 2 has a MAPINFO you can examine.

Nomad said:

Use SLumpEd instead. All you need to do is open your wad, create a new lump called MAPINFO, and put the information you wish in there.

Slumped has been totally replaced by Slade now. It's more stable and more powerful. Also, the interface is practically the same.

For what to do: see lump, MAPINFO.

Gez said:

1. Get SLADE3.
2. Open your wad file, and create a new lump. Name it MAPINFO.
3. Type stuff in it.

Unfortunately, the page pointed to does not mention anything about the need for runtimes files.
Go here instead http://slade.mancubus.net/index.php?page=downloads and read carefully what you need to download.

iHaveToPee said:

Well I downloaded stumped ...

And now you are stumped. :-)

iHaveToPee said:

Well only two months passed since I started "building" maps cuz i'm still learning things but I guess that I should know how to change the mapinfo.

Without reading and experimenting you won't know anything of relavence to the subject for a long time to come.
Of course you can post questions and have the work done by others, but you still won't know.

Go to the wikis and you will receive insight.

Somehow I managed to change map's name by using XWE however the name is different only when I do mini map and when I see the endmap screen, the part of "next lvl... level name" disappeared.