Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

That was actually pretty fun. It reminded me of TImeofdeaths wads, without being frustratingly hard. Grabbing the invul sphere and running thru the rest of the level still works (just like the original, I guess)

FDA recorded with prboom+ -complevel 2. Interesting map, but the reason I'm posting this is that I've never had a ghost monster revive for me. Congratulations on giving me the opportunity to be horrified as my shells do nothing, the cyber's rockets do nothing, and the imp stalks me all the way to my final death. Oh and there's a bunch of uninteresting deaths before that, though I did like how I handled the revs in the last few deaths. Nothing that impressive though.

Meh, so far 2 instances where the door leading to the Imp chamber before the false exit port doesn't open. One instance where I speed to the Demon hallway to find the Rev/Lost Soul cubby hole open.

Tested wiith zDooM 2.5.0 btw

Looks like I have something to do this morning...

Yeah, door didn't open for me so I had to no clip through it.

Then an Archvile no clipped through a wall and killed me so I rage quit.

Khaoscythe said:

Meh, so far 2 instances where the door leading to the Imp chamber before the false exit port doesn't open. One instance where I speed to the Demon hallway to find the Rev/Lost Soul cubby hole open.

Tested wiith zDooM 2.5.0 btw

Looks like I have something to do this morning...

There is a w1 linedef in front of the door that may be stealing the players activation attempts to open the door (which is a DR)?

The Rev "cubby hole" can be opened via a few different linedefs so it feels a bit random as to when it opens (HB has used some GR types and a W1 later in the map).

HB's monster teleport randomizer is certainly an interesting construct :) Do you find it works better than say a checkerboard with moving floors activated?

-travers

traversd said:

There is a w1 linedef in front of the door that may be stealing the players activation attempts to open the door (which is a DR)?

The Rev "cubby hole" can be opened via a few different linedefs so it feels a bit random as to when it opens (HB has used some GR types and a W1 later in the map).

HB's monster teleport randomizer is certainly an interesting construct :) Do you find it works better than say a checkerboard with moving floors activated?

-travers

I've never used a moving checkerboard--maybe I'll try that sometime. Thanks for the tip!

Sorry that the W1 caused you guys frustration. Now that you mention it, the door on one or two occasions didn't open for me either. You just need to get right up on it. But I'll try to fix this so that it is easier to open the door in the next release. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Sigvatr said:

Is there any explanation for the mysteriously appearing archvile yet?

Shhh...

So has anyone completed the level yet? Find any secrets? Things you liked? Things you didn't?

Hellbent said:

Shhh...

So has anyone completed the level yet? Find any secrets? Things you liked? Things you didn't?

Eh... I got hemmed by those fricking imps on the pink intestinity.

Cell said:

Eh... I got hemmed by those fricking imps on the pink intestinity.

You couldn't keep them at bay with the RL? There are enough rockets to do so and your rockets will easily clear a crowd of them.