Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Freeze

Midterm Elections

Just voted here in MA. Voted Tim Cahill (I) for gov, as the incumbent (Dem) is a total idiot, and his Republican challenger isn't so hot.

TBH, I'm not getting good vibes from anywhere, MA or otherwise. Most of the so-called "Tea-Party Champions" are social cons (who I'd never vote for), or totally ignorant to the Constitution. But I digress...

Who did you vote for?

For the most part, I don't like anybody either of the major parties are fielding and I don't have much hope that either party as it is can do much shit right. That notwithstanding, I did vote for some candidates from both, as well as some independents and third-party candidates.

Dissatisfied with all candidates in my district, I decided to write-in Steve Buscemi and hope for a dark horse victory.

However, Missouri's proposition B seems to be something worth voting for. This state's mills are the worst fucking places for dogs to be. My family got a puppy from on a long time ago... It was treated so poorly that it gave out within a short time. Vet said it was from weaknesses related to inbreeding.

Some people tried to twist this into sounding like it's going to turn into a full-scale attack on livestock operations within the state. It's just a huge slippery slope fallacy they pulled out of their asshole, really.

They have been talking alot about this election on the news in Sweden. They say that alot of people who voted for Obama will vote republican cause Obama havn't "changed" that many things as he talked about.

I find this pretty weird. Wouldn't some one who feels fooled by Obama vote more to the left than go back to the right wing politics that got US into the crisis? I mean... If you voted for Obama cause you wanted "change" and got nothing, wouldn't that mean pretty much the same as keeping a republican gouvernment?

I don't know that much about what Obama has done and what he hasn't. the Swedish media often says he havn't been living up to his promises.

I voted mostly republican, since most incumbent in my state are democrats and, frankly, I want to get the people that are incumbent out--regardless of party. Not that it really matters, CT is so democratic that I think the people in office aren't going anywhere.

Honestly, politics are mostly a joke anyways. Either way, they're gonna do a shitty job =/

I hate it when I go to the defense of some republicans I like and everyone goes HURRRRR WAR ON TERROR REDNECK BIBLE BASHIN MORON RAR ARARARARA

I completely forgot that elections were today. Which is no surprise as I don't keep up with most of that stuff. By the time I found out about it, it was too late to go and vote. Not that it really matters that much anyways as I have no idea who's running and what they are all about (I'm in VA). More than likely I'd end up disliking all of the candidates anyways. Oh well :[

I voted straight ticket Libertarian in the Indiana elections. I don't really care for them, but they're much better than the other two parties, that's for sure. Looking back, I should have wrote in a bunch of professional wrestlers for shits and giggles.

The coverage in the UK suggests that in all likelihood the American public is going to vote themselves into political paralysis.

Large businesses, corporations, and industries influence all the really important decisions, and you don't get to vote on that.

My Government/Economics teacher said something like "If you don't vote, you can't complain", but I think one would be justified in complaining when there's no one worth voting for. If history has taught us anything it's that anyone who seeks a career in politics isn't fit to wield any power.

Voted earlier. Polls closed about two hours ago, so there's no word on who won in this state. Republicans taking the house back and Republicans not taking the house back are pretty much equal options since they block anything without a majority.

eargosedown said:

I voted mostly republican, since most incumbent in my state are democrats and, frankly, I want to get the people that are incumbent out--regardless of party. Not that it really matters, CT is so democratic that I think the people in office aren't going anywhere.

Honestly, politics are mostly a joke anyways. Either way, they're gonna do a shitty job =/

Heh, sounds like NY. I voted about a week ago via absentee ballot(uni isn't in the same county as my registration). I'm just hoping enough people are smart enough to vote the trash out of the state govt., not keep it in.

I actually voted straight Democrat, which is rare for me, because I'm tired of the Republican's bullshit. Also, there were no 3rd parties on the ballot for some reason.

I voted for Patty Murray, which is the only real major election in this state. She seems to be winning. Here's hoping for Rossi's 3rd fail in a row.

The propositions are what I'm more interested in, and there are a lot this time. I voted for the proposition to sell hard liquor in grocery stores and I think I voted for the state income tax as well. I'm not sure about the former, but the latter is failing. Oh well, I didn't really want to fill out an additional form anyway. I only voted for it because the state needs money badly. Seems the local county proposal to fund libraries is failing. :/

I should also note that I hate when people don't vote, and I doubly hate it when they are proud of the fact.

at least Republican bullshit doesn't generally involve taking our guns away.. so when said bullshit gets to be too much to handle we still have a Plan B (see 1776). I'll give them that.
Though both parties seem built around restricting life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness in their own ways. That's why I cannot in good faith participate in the two party system. Why can't I have guns, abortions, small government, secured borders AND weed damnit.

gravager said:

at least Republican bullshit doesn't generally involve taking our guns away.. so when said bullshit gets to be too much to handle we still have a Plan B (see 1776). I'll give them that.
Though both parties seem built around restricting life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness in their own ways. That's why I cannot in good faith participate in the two party system. Why can't I have guns, abortions, small government, secured borders AND weed damnit.

Nobody's platform is taking anybody's guns away. Been debunked over and over.

Clinton "assault weapon" ban anybody? Had nothing to do with automatic weapons (which were and are strictly regulated anyways), just cosmetic features. Guns that look like scary military weapons were targeted because it was easy to convince people to support a ban on them through BLATANT misinformation (they would show a guy on the news buying a semiautomatic Uzi pistol or AR-15 rifle and then cut to firing a full auto version at the range). What could they POSSIBLY have been trying to accomplish by misleading the public and banning production & importation of certain firearms? Draw your own conclusions.

Do you really think that given the disparity between military and civilian arms it is even possible to go all 1776 on the government's ass? They could chill in a bunker and nuke everyone.

Sigvatr said:

GOTTA KEEP MY GUNS TO THROW OVER THE TYRANIST GUVMENT

And, you know, recreational uses like "plinking" targets, things like concealed carry for self defense, hunting...

Yep, look at that, CT pretty much went 100% democrats retaining their seats.

Not that I have anything against democrats, but most of ours seem to have a peanut in their head... =/

Ah well, nothin was gonna change anyways. Politicians are a joke.

Looks like Prop 19 failed. Too bad. At least it's still decriminalized, love the weed

Lol, Prop 19. I still find it funny that Mary Jane is the last thing in that Yellow journalism still has any relevance in in terms of modern history. fuck you, Hearst.

Csonicgo said:

Lol, Prop 19. I still find it funny that Mary Jane is the last thing in that Yellow journalism still has any relevance in in terms of modern history. fuck you, Hearst.

Fuck Rupert Murdoch too, at least he is going to die soon.