Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomF4nG4mer

Replacing Pistol and Fist

Okay i have been in realm667 that much time and downloaded some good weapons from the Armory and i decided to replace these weapons with the Original weapons and i successfully did replace all the weapons execpt the Fist and Pistol.I tried using Keyconf and Replace <Actor> but it didn't work so are there any other solution to this?

The "Replaces" keyword is only for spawning things in the map.

What you want is this. Second method, with a player class.

Gez said:

The "Replaces" keyword is only for spawning things in the map.

What you want is this. Second method, with a player class.

Which method should i do? the Decorate one?

The fist and pistol are starting weapons for the DoomPlayer. So you need to make a different player class.

This should do:

Actor MarinePlayer : DoomPlayer
{
  Player.StartItem "MyPistolReplacement"
  Player.StartItem "MyFistReplacement"
  Player.StartItem "Clip", 50
  Player.WeaponSlot 1, MyFistReplacement, Chainsaw
  Player.WeaponSlot 2, MyPistolReplacement
}
It inherits from the DoomPlayer class so everything is just like the normal class, except for what is changed. Here we change the start items, and the first two slots, to accommodate for the replacement of the pistol and fist. (Change the class names to what's appropriate for your mod.)

Then you need to tell the game to use your player class instead of DoomPlayer. You will need a ZMAPINFO lump for that. Here's the code that should go in:
GameInfo
{
   playerclasses = "MarinePlayer"
}

Gez said:

The fist and pistol are starting weapons for the DoomPlayer. So you need to make a different player class.

This should do:

Actor MarinePlayer : DoomPlayer
{
  Player.StartItem "MyPistolReplacement"
  Player.StartItem "MyFistReplacement"
  Player.StartItem "Clip", 50
  Player.WeaponSlot 1, MyFistReplacement, Chainsaw
  Player.WeaponSlot 2, MyPistolReplacement
}
It inherits from the DoomPlayer class so everything is just like the normal class, except for what is changed. Here we change the start items, and the first two slots, to accommodate for the replacement of the pistol and fist. (Change the class names to what's appropriate for your mod.)

Then you need to tell the game to use your player class instead of DoomPlayer. You will need a ZMAPINFO lump for that. Here's the code that should go in:
GameInfo
{
   playerclasses = "MarinePlayer"
}

Hmm thanks i'll try that out later on.